Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmyb's scores

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    That's interesting. My coaching taught me how to adjust depending on what you leave. And, I admit, it's one of the most valuable things I got out of coaching...along with spare conversion strategies.

The problem I've seen lately is;

1) BIGGEST PROBLEM...You can't really tell if a ball doesn't hook because of the pattern...carrydown...the ball losing too much energy...or you line being off. So, and I'll cover this with examples in my next score update...but sometimes you can make 1:1 1:2, or 2:3 (eyes:feet)...but it's always supposed to be in the direction of your miss. For example:

You leave a 4-9, single 4, single 9, or similar...thats a 1:1 left. If you leave a 2-6 or a single 6-pin...that's a 1:1 right.
    You leave a 2-pin, 2-4-5-8 bucket, a 2-4-5 or 4-5-8 3/4 bucket...it's a 1:2 right. You go through the nose and leave a split...it's a 1:2 left.
    And then you get the bigger misses (washouts, Brooklyn, etc...) and it's a 2:3 move...left or right.

However, there is a limit to how many times you can move, in one direction, before you're essentially standing over or outside your target...and your line becomes impossible . I've never learned when you need to move your feet one way, and your target a different way. I usually spend most of the night (you'll see the drastic results after I post my next results) moving...moving...moving...ball change....moving....moving...moving, ball change...etc.. until I get to the point where I'm uncomfortable right (playing first arrow) or uncomfortable left (inside 3rd arrow). Then I usually reset and will sometimes try to do what you did...move my target a little to the right...and get my feet a little left...thinking maybe it's the angle vs. the line.

But, congrats on the series. I keep hoping that I can get back to my prior physical form...so 'maybe' I'll finally throw a 700+. I've come very close a couple times...but not so much lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    This goes back to "I'm not a normal bowler", but I've always adjusted on the hit, not the leave. Second would be how the ball exits, but I rarely find myself looking at it, honestly. Take my pocket 7-10. It was a crushed high-flush hit, and I literally watched the ball click the 8 and 9 equally. Had it hit flat, then I'd have a move in mind. Light or through the nose, another and another. I had one shot I pulled a bit, but it held, and smashed high flush, leaving a stone 9. That's not normal. Sometimes, **** just happens. My creep left 3, right 2 was largely predicated on watching my teammate's leaves, and since we have roughly the same line, being proactive instead of reactive.
    Ideally one should adjust based on observing the ball all the way from when it comes into view all the way until it goes into the pit. Unfortunately I tend to lose focus at the instant the ball hits the pins so I often resort to Aslan’s method of adjusting based on what’s left. However there are certain leaves that can have different causes. Usually a 4 pin means I need to move left or the next one is going to leave a 4-9 or even a 4-6-7-10. But sometimes it’s because I hit light and the headpin knocked the 2 pin straight back and then bounces off the sidewall into the 7 pin. If you haven’t seen where the break point was or where the ball hit you might easily make the wrong adjustment.
    John

Ringer
    Chats: 0

right - that high-flush back-row split is likely just a bad rack. Only adjust if you repeat it. (after crying . . . LOL)

miss-right, move-right - great rule of thumb, but it doesn't preclude observation. Both of you are right - entry and exit AND leave. hit high and leave 4 - touch right because you hit a touch high (right). You all know the drill. How we SEE that is up to us.

Pin Crusher

Tuesday scores. Decent night, lots of mistakes to fix.

225/239/206 = 670. Game one was the only clean game. No bad shots, just a few that didn't carry. 2nd game started with 4, and then there she was, another pocket 7-10. This one was actually a light hit, and I couldn't believe one of the pins flying around didn't catch them both. 3rd game turned a bit nightmarish to start. A slightly high ball in frame one left a 6-7, and then frame 3, guess what? My old buddy, the pocket 7-10. Got my bearings back, and had to go 5 out to get the 206. The night was good, but never got the impression my footwork was good. just felt a little awkward. Again, stem to stern with the Summit. Average ticks up 1 to 213.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    right - that high-flush back-row split is likely just a bad rack. Only adjust if you repeat it. (after crying . . . LOL)

miss-right, move-right - great rule of thumb, but it doesn't preclude observation. Both of you are right - entry and exit AND leave. hit high and leave 4 - touch right because you hit a touch high (right). You all know the drill. How we SEE that is up to us.
    I was taught that a 7-pin leave (for a righty) is often the result of a bad rack...same thing for a 10-pin for lefties. As a righty, a flush hit that leaves a 10-pin, I'm likely to make a ball change (ball down). But, a single 7-pin on a flush hit...I don't do anything off that.....chalk it up to a bad rack.

Pin Crusher

Tuesday scores. First real steady, consistent night.

224/224/234 = 682. Only 2 opens the whole night. One whiffed 10-pin in frame 3, and a 4-6 split in frame 35 (richly deserved, I might add). Lanes 1&2 can be a nightmare, and tonight was no different. 6 board stretch between the two. 2 was awesome all night, 1 was in flames about the middle of game 2. Only bit me the one split. I'll take nights like this all the time. Average hairs under 215.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Ringer

nice!

Pin Crusher

Milwaukee area USBC Senior doubles/singles tournament.

Doubles - 277/183/173 = 633

Singles - 168/243/212 = 623

Ran 9 in a row to start game 1. Thought we were going to have a great day. Wheels fell off for literally everyone on our pair after that. Lanes were just flat out weird. Started with the Summit, but switched to the Phaze at the end of 2. Just couldn't get a good kill shot going, and struggled through the first set. After the debacle that was game 4, I went back to the Summit, which worked. By the end of the singles set, I was standing right where I started game 1. Both of my series were the highest on our pair. Saw a couple of other good gamers out there, but no one in the house really did well. This is a day I'd like to have back.

Pin Crusher

Tuesdays scores. Maddening consistency.

212/246/223 = 681. Game 1 was a struggle. Missed one 10-pin, and really couldn't get a good whack at the pocket until late in the game. Chalking this up to a tired arm after throwing 6 on Sunday. Great game 2, clean. Started 3 with 5 straight, and then an opposing team throwing plastic all night bit me. Left a 2-8-10, and then a 4-6-10. Made two quick moves off of that, and salvaged the game. I like the consistency, but am frustrated knowing this could've easily been mid-7's. I will not, however, complain about a running 4-week average of 230 in league. Average ticks up to 216.

Pin Crusher

Tuesday's scores. Another good, but frustrating night.

268/183/236 = 687. Started game 1 with a strike, and open, then 10 straight. Thought I was on it, but game 2 proved otherwise. Strike, 4-9, bunch of 10 pins, and then, of course, my nightly pocket 7-10. Game 3 was the only clean game, even picking up a 3-6-8 split. Two weeks in a row where I can't seem to put a complete night together. I'll take the results, but gotta fix this game 2 crap. Average at 217.

Chats: 204

Literally 10-20 pins per night away from averaging 700 a night. Thats DANG good!

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast