Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More practice or less, or it's a wall shot it doesn't matter

Default More practice or less, or it's a wall shot it doesn't matter

What part of the title does your bowling reflect?

Need more practice to get better.

Need less bowling, too much bowling is ruining your game.

Or, who needs practice? it's a house shot.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Never a such thing as too much

regardless of the pattern, you can still work on timing, spares, something

Chats: 0

I am 70 years old and have been bowling for 30 years. Because of my age and some body issues I don't practice anymore. After bowling for so long just know what to do from years of experience. On my last league night I bowled a 154 after the house gave me and my wife just 2 minutes to warm up. God, could they spare it? Second game was a 190 and the third was a 243. Changed balls for the third game and it worked out great. I was recently thinking on putting in some practice.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

I practice a lot.

Sometimes it is because I want to improve something. So I concentrate on working on that one thing.

Other times I do it for feel, just to keep fresh on my game.

But really, in the end I just love to bowl.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post
    That's what I thought until I got tendinitis/golfers elbow from practicing too much. I am in my mid 40's. Younger people can play more without getting injured. I havnt bowled in two months and still have not recovered from this crap.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by stargell1 View Post
    That's what I thought until I got tendinitis/golfers elbow from practicing too much. I am in my mid 40's. Younger people can play more without getting injured. I havnt bowled in two months and still have not recovered from this crap.
    We insist that our youth bowlers warm up and stretch before throwing a ball on saturdays. Unfortunately, we forget about this in the summer when youth league moves to monday evening. And then, of course, when they're at the alley see their parents or grandparents bowl in adult leagues, they realize that 90% of adult bowlerseither do not warm up first, or the warm up consists of walking to the bar and carrying back a pitcher of beer

When you do recover, I have two suggestions. One is to have the fit of your bowling balls checked by the best PSO in your area. Rhino Pages career was almost cut short due to wrist injuries caused by incorrectly fitted balls. The second is have a qualified coach take a look at your swingto make sure there isn't something that you are doing that's putting extra strain on the elbow.
    John

Cranker

I think more practice but practice what you need practice on. My issue is that if I make a bad shot I move on the approach. I need to learn to stick it out and find where I belong. I know moving is part of the game but not every frame or 2. Yesterday my ball was diving through the nose on 3 shots. I moved left and it wouldn't come back and I kept going light. I wish I had more speed control bit I only throw like 12.5 and that's forcing the ball.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Pin Crusher

Both of my leagues turn the practice lights on 15 minutes before we start. All they do is destroy the pattern. By the time I bowl one game I am luck to have a shot. 5 Minutes should be the max.
    It turns into a speed contest and once you get a older throwing more speed isn't an option.
    Neither is going just to practice a few games. It takes a day or two to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post

I guess you were never in organized sports. If you were, you had bad examples for coaches and trainers. I've been around sports from high school to the pros; as an athlete to a coach.

you need to practice on practice with a mentality like that. It's quality not quantity.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast