Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: What brand of bowling shoes do you use?

I have an old school pair of SST4s--the black ones with the white stripe on the side and 'SST4' text on the sides. They are like new, bought them just before I stopped bowling--you think Im going to get laughed out of the house when I wear those or are they still modern enough to wear? Doesnt really matter, because they are nice enough that Im not buying any new ones--just curious.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    I have an old school pair of SST4s--the black ones with the white stripe on the side and 'SST4' text on the sides. They are like new, bought them just before I stopped bowling--you think Im going to get laughed out of the house when I wear those or are they still modern enough to wear? Doesnt really matter, because they are nice enough that Im not buying any new ones--just curious.
    I've bowled in a sport league the last few years. A lot of guys who bring 6 or more balls, have or soon will have their PBA cards. In short, some really serious bowlers. No one has ever made fun of me when I've worn my cheapest pair of dexters. Generally if they notice an older style of shoes the comments will be positive, like, " I used to have a pair of those, they were great!"
    John

Dexter SST 4
    Bought in 1998 for $130, with some of the first money I ever earned myself.
    It was worth it.
    Although I need to add some crazy glue to sole last week, as shoe beginning to fall apart.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 8

I had a cheap pair of Brunswick shoes from Sportsmart(that's right for those who remember them before they were taken over by Sports Authority) that my dad bought me back in the 90's. They were in bad shape when I started bowling again last year. I upgraded to black Dexter Turbo 2. Great looking shoes that look even better Woth the light gray laces.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Pinseekers,
    I like them and their comfortable. :]

Chats: 39

I got white Dexter Magnums......I like them because they look similar to the white K-Swiss shoes I usually wear. I've already got two extra pair at home for when the one's I've got now wear out.
    Last edited by Hampe; 06-21-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Chats: 36

Dexter. I have always worn Dexter. I will always wear Dexter.

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

just got a pair 3g tour ultras in black and loving them

Got my first real pair at Christmas. SST-8's. White with the black and gold around the laces.

Put my worn out Jacks in my locker. Means I can just show up and bowl now with my 2 balls also there.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Personally i'm still using my old dexter sst10s

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast