Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Food Network

Chats: 3

hahah, I actually saw in the homewares section at a "Gordman's" store....they have THE authentic Rachael Ray....garbage bowl....for 20 bucks lol!

For only $20.00 plus tax...you too can have a fancy bowl thats only purpose is to hold garbage!
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Attention all you Paula Deen fans! Paula made an appearance in the "Not My Job" segment on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell me" on NPR. She was really funny and answered questions about tofu. www.npr.org/programs/waitwait/ is the link. It's a great show that I tend to miss now that I don't normally work Saturdays any longer. I can't wait to try her special hamburger recipe she talked about on the show. Check it out before they archive the 'cast.

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Frankly, most all of the cooks on the food network can come up with some strange stuff, or things that we say "eeeh, s'ok, but has no real flavor" (maybe that's just me) Even Bobby Flay - the 'king' of southwestern seasonings - most of the things I've made of his strictly from the recipe have been weak.

I'd imagine this is primarily because they have to tailor the recipes for the masses, who aren't used to stronger flavors. But I know each of them say or have said "Don't like it, make it and change it up to reflect what you have or what you like." And that's the secret of the food network -- they tell you what can be done - and if you don't like it -- change it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12