Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What I learned today!

Nobody knows how to spell anymore?
    Last edited by Trex; 08-07-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Bingo

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    I learned that customers want their stuff yesterday, nobody knows how to spell anymore, and nobody reads anything.
    You sure nobody knows how to spell anymore?
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Mr. Mayor, I see you learn very quickly; here is a copy of one of your posts from yesterday: "You're correct. I shouldn't speak in such extremes."

And obviously, Mayor, you are an outstanding speller. But as an English Major, you had to be, eh?
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Step into my office

Mr. Mayor, I see you learn very quickly; here is a copy of one of your posts from yesterday: "You're correct. I shouldn't speak in such extremes."

And obviously, Mayor, you are an outstanding speller. But as an English Major, you had to be, eh?
    I was actually a music major, not English. I've just always enjoyed the English language.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    It could be that comfortably numb's nobody is in reference to the following:

Nobody can refer to one of the following:

Nobodies, a race of beings in the Kingdom Hearts video game series
    nobody (username), the name of a Unix account which has no particular privileges
    Nobody, a radio drama by Daniel Brocklehurst

In music:

Nobody (DJ Quik Song), a single from DJ Quik's album The Book of David
    "The Nobodies", a song by Marilyn Manson from Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)
    Nobody (band), a Japanese rock duo consisting of Yukio Aizawa (相沢 行夫) and Toshio Kihara (木原 俊雄)
    "Nobody" (1905 song), by Alex Rogers and Bert A. Williams
    "Nobody" (Sylvia song), a 1982 Country Pop hit for Country artist Sylvia
    "Nobody" (Keith Sweat song), a 1996–1997 hit by Keith Sweat and Athena Cage
    "Nobody" (Wonder Girls song)
    "Nobody" (Toni Basil song)
    “Nobody”, a song by Tom Waits from Nighthawks at the Diner
    "Nobody", a song by Paul Simon from One-Trick Pony
    “Nobody”, a song by Swans from Greed
    "Nobody", a song by the band Skindred
    "Nobody", a song by Ne-Yo
    "Nobody", a song by Five for Fighting
    DJ Nobody, a member of Los Angeles band Blank Blue

In film

"Nobody" (film), a 2007 Canadian crime film
    The name of William Blake's (Johnny Depp) spiritual Native American guide in Dead Man, played by Gary Farmer

Nobody may also refer to:

My Name is Nobody, a 1973 spaghetti Western
    Nobody Nowhere, a 1991 bestselling autobiography with a CD featuring a song of the same name, both by autistic author Donna Williams
    Outis, Ancient Greek for "nobody", an often used pseudonym
    Little Miss Nobody, a character in the Mr. Men series.

In comics:

Nobody is the name of a police officer who disguised himself in a black outfit to fight crime in New York from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.

And I understand fully as I am a nobody!!

In my nobody opinion....I am happy for those who are blessed enough that they got to go to school, and learn proper, but very ignorant English, and punctuation, and the proper use there of,... But those who put down someone in a web site forum, or other wise does not have much of a life ,other than seeking self gratification by trying to make others seem ignorant just because they have dementia, be it long term or temporary, or maybe they were not blessed enough to get to go to school to learn proper spelling, learn proper use, and learn how to be a real jerk towards others if they miss spell a stupid word, or use a word that is not deemed proper by the donkey's colon society.

My daughter has a huge mental problem!! She thinks it is her job to correct every single person she hears who does not pronounce a word, or spell a word, or use a word properly. She is so obsessive about it that she should actually be put in a mental hospital!!! I feel the same about other people I see in web forums who do the same thing!!

No disrespect to any person, and not pointing fingers, just sayin!! ....Some people need to get a life!! I am a Government Scientist and yet I am not impressed with the bashing of others just because someone has OCD!!

IMO....One of the first signs of an Adult who is considered to have OCD Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD)...Are people who consistently put others down for not using proper English!!!! be it in a forum or other wise!! They consistently feel the need to correct others!!

Just my 2 cents worth as a Real Scientist who is now retired and could care less about proper English!!! As I am too old to remember such nonsense....LOL

I can understand someone correcting there child at home, but to do this in a public forum as a means of trying to make someone look dumb....It's lame and shows who the nice people are from those who think they know it all, but actually know not much of anything worth talking about....lmao

No Mayor, I am not talking about you........
    Last edited by Trex; 07-27-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Bingo

Blog Entries

Trex, I loved your reference above to that classic western "My Name is Nobody"...one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

Trex, I loved your reference above to that classic western "My Name is Nobody"...one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
    aaah....Then you might remember this music.
    Last edited by Trex; 08-19-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Bingo

Blog Entries

Why yes, I sure do. Thanks for that, Trex. Brings back memories from when I was actually young!

How easy it is to order online.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Step into my office

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    How easy it is to order online.
    Nice!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast