Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What I learned today!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

That was a tough lesson for me also.
    it seems like now days the new balls do help you score better if you have the right drilling & surface on it some of them seem to hook themselves. LOL

I learned that LCOOLJ has been absent for a while....lol ...Great to have you back!!

Actually I find that the old school balls are the same way, only a little smoother controlled type reaction, except for my hammer blue original....it wants to act like a brand new hammer Vibe and jerk sideways when it comes out of the oil pattern. If I bring my ball speed up to about 19mph then it has a more even arc type hook, but slow it down and it's a jerkin sidways Monster!!!

I went to mississippi a few weeks ago and the old blue hammer original urethane worked great at 19 mph, as when using my old school rubber ball it hooked and went brooklyn every time!!!

But when I started throwing the blue hammer at 19 mph and lofting it out about 4 ft, it then got to the pocket and would strike with the best of the best of today's new high tech equipment!!

In fact the newer equipment was not really usable as it would burn up and roll out due to the low volume flat oil pattern they put out on the lanes.

When I bowl at our local center the oil pattern is flat gutter to gutter, On resurfaced wood lanes, they claim 4 units of oil gutter to gutter and 32 ft in length. But strange as it seems it plays like flat gutter to gutter but more like 45 ft. The only ball I have any luck with is my old Brunswick urethane Rhino!!! Newer equipment revs up but acts like plastic!! It is very confusing and frustrating, so I just roll the old Rhino and do the best I can!!!

Some centers are now getting away from the THS we use to bowl on, and are going to tougher oil patterns, at least in my area anyway!!!

I guess the older guys are getting tired of getting beat by younger guys with newer equipment, and this is there retaliation...by putting out oil patterns that make new equipment useless!! Sad I tell ya!!! But all you can do is adjust by using old equipment that is if you are lucky enough to still have some around.

It is crazy to see a New reactive ball rev up and not hook on the backends, but then roll a old rubber ball or Urethane and it hooks!!!

Oh well, whats a bowler to do?? other than go back to old school.

I don't like it, but really have no choice!!
    Last edited by Trex; 09-20-2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Bingo
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

That grand children are priceless!

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    That grand children are priceless!
    I bet you're a fun grandpa Trex!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    I bet you're a fun grandpa Trex!
    I try my best!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345