Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my bad habit..

Default Need help with my bad habit..

I throw a backup ball.. Which I know a lot of women do.. I'm trying to break the habit.. I have a wrist support, but with it I still twist my wrist backwards.. It's driving me crazy.. What kind of wrist support can I get the will help me stop the bad habit.. I've done some research, but I don't seem to be finding any answers.. Thank for any help that you can give..
    I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Balls in bag Cherry Vibe 12# and Onyx Vibe 14#

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

I don't think a different wrist support is going to be the answer. In fact, Joe Slowinski has an article about how a backup ball can actually be helpful... http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.p...d=204&Itemid=1

If nothing else, take what he says and apply it to what you do, only instead of rotating the wrist so that the ball has to come off the pointer finger, work on rotating the wrist so that it comes off the pinky. (I didn't see a mention if you're a righty or a lefty - so I left it generic.)

I'm a lefty.. Thanks for the article..

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

It should be easier to get it right as a lefty. You do the same motion with your hand as opening a door. My wife had a hard time with that, too. She's righty and at first we had her practice keeping her hand on the side of the ball so it couldn't go around the other way. It's going to take time and practice, but you can do it.

make a concious effort to turn in the "correct" way. Kev said it well too, try keeping your hand on the side of the ball throughout the entire approach for a while and get a bit of a feel for it. the major thing to do is PRACTICE it. If your only bowling 3 games a week it will never get fixed. It takes a lot of work to correct things and maintain your game. Just got to make some time for it

Thanks As a lefty I want to take advantage of my side of the lane.. Because no one bowls on that side much.. We try and go practice on Sundays.. It's not making the time to practice it's having the money to practice.. But I am going to work on it as much as possible.. Like I told my husband if I was going to pay to do this I want to do it right.. And have FUN!! Thanks for the advice..

Chats: 0

Jan,

Check with your local bowling center for summer bowling deals. My center has a deal where you pay $100.00 up front and you can use this "pass" for up to 250 games! So unless my math is horrible (which is may be) thats $0.40 a game! yeah it hurts up front, but if you can find time, its a great investment...
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Chats: 3

The house I'm bowling at for my summer league does .99 cent per game for league bowlers in the months of June and July. Ask your center if they offer any incentives for their league bowlers...if they don't, suggest it.

Summer is a terrible time for bowling alleys...if they can bring in more business by offering $1 a game to their league bowlers, they might be receptive to the idea.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

Chats: 0

We found a center that was charging $2.00 and hour on Thursday's and Sunday's and $5.00 an hour the rest of the week. We haven't been there in a while but you can't beat those prices.
    I am a proud member of www.bowlingboards.com
    My degree is in music, my sport is bowling.
    The love of my life is my husband Kev3inp

We have a discount card that we use I think it's like $2.87 a game.. Which is a lot better than paying what other bowlers pay.. They do offer free games for league bowlers, they just haven't said when they are.. My luck it will be when I am working..
    I'm sure they will have deals coming up soon.. It's just money is tight right now with us and we have to squeeze every dime we have, but I am sure everyone knows how that is, the way the economy is and all..
    When we can we are going to go on Sunday and practice.. I like Sundays because no one is there, and plus our team mates practice on Sunday too.. And if we can we might go in the mornings on Saturday some.. Thanks for all the help.. This is a nice place to ask questions and everyone is so helpful and nice..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast