Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y do i keep bowling a brooklyn

Default Y do i keep bowling a brooklyn

i cant stop what am i doing wrong is it where i am putting my feet or where i am putting the ball

Bowler

Chats: 3

We are going to need more information than that in order to help you. For instance: where do you stand, what are you targeting, and are you hitting your target. Are you releasing the ball properly and not pulling it across in front of you.

Something that would be really helpful is a video.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Quote Originally Posted by brian2668 View Post
    i cant stop what am i doing wrong is it where i am putting my feet or where i am putting the ball
    Move to Queens, or maybe Jersey -- no way you'd bowl brooklyn there.....

Default ok

i am standing in between the last 2 to left and i am throwing the ball between the second and the third arrrows

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by brian2668 View Post
    i am standing in between the last 2 to left and i am throwing the ball between the second and the third arrrows
    In general, if you miss left, move left. Miss right, move right. This could be the boards that you are standing on and/or the ones you are targeting.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Think about it this way. If we think about your target -- which you said is between the 2nd and 3rd arrows as a pivot point, if you keep the same target but move your feet left, the ball has no choice but to go farther right (because you're throwing it more towards the right channel)
    Think a pair of scissors - keeping one handle in place, if you move the other handle to open the scissors - the tip of that handle moves in the opposite direction.

This assumes that when you move your feet you keep your swing, release, and speed the same.

The other option is, of course, keeping your feet the same, but moving your target further right -- say targeting the 2nd arrow directly. This is actually a more radical move because it moves the entire shot far more than the option of changing your starting position on the approach. In this case your target isn't the pivot point, you are.

Again, this assumes that when you change your target, you're still keeping your swing, release, and speed the same.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Default ok

ok thanks i understand that

Great wording Graaille. Very nicely put. I havent heard anybody explain it like that. Couldnt think of a batter way to say it myself.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com

Balls: Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm GravityShift, Roto Grip Neptune, Columbia 300 Wrath Dead Flush, Brunswick Twisted Fury

Avg 186
    High Game/Series 288/688

AKA Jrock

Bowling Black Belt
    Currently living in Utah, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY.
    Chats: 0

Yeah Graaille, that scissor analogy is pretty cool, I like it.

Note the following is assuming you are playing on a typical house shot...

Say I'm targeting the tenth board and hitting the mark consistently but still going brooklyn (I call it jersey, but that's a whole other argument) I'll typically move my feet about 4 boards deeper into the lane (if right handed that means move to the left) and keep the target the same. If the ball still jumps and goes brooklyn you are probably playing in a dry area of the lane and would probably want to make a move with your feet and target even deeper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast