Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes! It arrived today!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Thumbs up Yes! It arrived today!

Hi! I'd just like to say that the Rogue Cell was waiting for me when I got home today. Thank goodness my wife was home to sign for it. It's simply beautiful.

And it had a little denizen accompany it from Utah. There was a little leaf bug, still living, when I removed the ball from the plastic bag. It's been a while since I've seen those. I don't ever recall seeing one down here. I had Di try to take a pic of it, but without a close up lens it didn't work out that well.

Anyway, thank you so very much, and I'm going to try and get it drilled tomorrow so I can use it for the first night of summer league this Sunday. Now watch me do my happy dance again! More champagne!

Super Moderator

Oh, and I let the little fellow go with my best wishes. I hope he finds his way around quickly and has a good life.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

That is great. You deserve it. Thanks so much for being a valued member.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Great news! Lets us know how you get it drilled and how it does. Write a review for the ball review section.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2315

Good stuff. Hopefully it's not too strong haha.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Congrats on winning what looks like an awesome ball. I watched a gal in league throw hers last week. The ball is smooth and hits hard.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

Super Moderator

I halted my review of the LGB show to head to the pro shop and got remeasured to have the ball drilled. My thumb is a little smaller, my span is a little longer and my middle fingertip is bigger. We talked a while about how I bowl and what I want the ball to do and he laid it out with the pin left and even with the ring finger, the cg left of grip center and the mass bias to the right of the thumb and a little down. No balance hole. A pretty generic drilling, but I'm a pretty generic bowler. I'll try it out on the first night of league tomorrow, but I'll be bringing my regular ball, too, just in case there's a problem.

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Wink Good luck

Good luck on league night, you have a big pin splitter now hehe
    Tell us all about it in fine detail "I guess I like to Drool"
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Kevin,
    Congatulations, I couldn't think of a nicer person to win.
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Seamistlark View Post
    Kevin,
    Congatulations, I couldn't think of a nicer person to win.
    Thank you very much. I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Anyway, I got to throw it for the first time Sunday night after getting it drilled Saturday. Pin next to ring finger, cg to the left, and the MB to the right of the thumb and a little lower, no balance hole. My first impression was "WOW!" I didn't get enough throws in practice to figure it out, but right away the ball made me look like I actually have revs.

We started the first game with me still feeling my way around the ball. At the start I don't think I hit the pocket once, all nose hits and brooklyns. Finally in the later frames I kind of figure it out and rescue a bad game to a 172.

The next game I moved in a little bit standing on 22, rolling to 8 at the arrows, and out to about 3 at the breakpoint, and I start crushing the pins. As the game goes on I have to keep moving right, but it seems like I made mostly correct decisions and I wind up with a 241. I was so excited I couldn't catch my breath, and then found my inhaler was clogged so that couldn't help me out any.

The last game, though, was a different story. My speed slowed down so I started going high and leaving splits. 4 in the the first 5 frames. That's when I really started to feel the difference in weight between the Rogue and my Spare Tire. ( It looks like I'll have to break down and get a lighter spare ball, the 2 lb difference feels very dramatic after a while.) I move in some more to compensate and start leaving all kinds of single pins, which I proceed to miss. I move in a little further and split again. Finally I make a big jump to 29, 13, and the breakpoint about 5 and I strike twice in the 10th, then tug it for a 7 count. All for a grand total of.... 138. I think I deserve an award for most pins dropped in a game from the previous one.

All things considered, though, I love this ball. Thanks so much again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast