Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? about awards

Default ? about awards

so i had my banquet tonight and i didt get any patchs or awards i had alot of two hundred games and three 600 series one in witch was 672 and nothing so talk to the guy and he said that usbc is cutting down on awards but i dont believe him any help would be nice

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

The USBC did cut down on their awards. All awards are determined by your average. Because I average over 200, the only awards I can win is for 11 in a row or 300/800/900. Here is the link to the USBC awards page. It has a link on it to look at a PDF document that will tell you what awards you can win and what average you have to have to receive anything. I hope that helps. http://www.bowl.com/awards/index.jsp
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

where is the pdf file i dont see it

Blog Entries

None of the links seem to be working for me. I will scan the form tomorrow at work and I will paste it on here.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

i found it it is in with the rules thanks its crazy hard to get a award your avg has to be 160 of below to get a patch from 600 to 699

Blog Entries

I used to get 2 to 3 awards a year. Most of them sucked, like a deck of cheap cards or a coaster or pin. I still enjoyed getting them though. I shot a 299 and had to buy my ring because they only give out the 300/800/900 rings for free. The USBC claims that they are losing money every year, and they are trying to budget their money better with less awards, but they just built a brand new complex in Texas that is MASSIVE! I brought it up at our annual bowling proprietors meeting because we had the president of the USBC there. He seemed to agree with me and the 20 other people that agreed that more awards are necessary. Hopefully they will figure something out.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Chats: 3

Doesn't the USBC still give out awards for every bowlers "first"? I've only been on adult leagues for 3 years...and all I've ever gotten was the league high average patch. I thought bowlers were supposed to get awards for every first time achievement. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm in the same boat as you because of my average....but if they're supposed to award first time achievements....then I want my 700 series patch....I worked hard for that this year lol
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Blog Entries

You would think that they would remember what it was like to bowl your high series and earn a patch. I think that everyone involved in those decisions has lost track of what it is like to be an up and coming bowler. Congratulations on the 700! They are not easy to come by for most people, and you deserve to get the 700 series pin or patch. I have one at home in a box, right next to my 100 over average watch and the many other awards I earned growing up. I really hope that they refurbish their policies on awards. I don't care if it is a piece of paper that they send you, saying congratulations, it would still be better than nothing.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Bowler

Chats: 3

USBC has been highly critisized for changing the awards program last year. In a forwarded to me e-mail received by one of our local members USBC pledged to "look at" the program for next year. Now if the will just follow through.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    Doesn't the USBC still give out awards for every bowlers "first"? I've only been on adult leagues for 3 years...and all I've ever gotten was the league high average patch. I thought bowlers were supposed to get awards for every first time achievement. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm in the same boat as you because of my average....but if they're supposed to award first time achievements....then I want my 700 series patch....I worked hard for that this year lol
    As far as I know first time achievement awards, are local association awards not USBC awards. So it would depend on just what your local association's award program is, if it has one.

Also to anyone if you think you qualify for a award during league , go and tell the secretary just to make sure they put you in for it.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-22-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast