Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good house shot ball?

Chats: 106

Default Can anyone recommend a good house shot ball?

I'm currently using my storm reign at OOB surface, and when I use it on my house shot leagues, I have to hit my mark perfectly to hit the pocket.

If I miss my mark at the arrows by a two or three boards, left, it will go high/brooklyn, right, it will go half pocket/washout.

All the while, I'm watching some bowlers in a few of my leagues miss their marks by 3-5 boards either direction, and their balls will still hold line into the pocket, it kinda makes me sad .

HOWEVER, I love my reign on shark pattern. I played on the shark for half a game earlier(was racing to beat the lane machine from turning it into a house shot) and struck 6/7 shots, the not-strike was a weak 10.

Chats: 2315

Interesting. The Reign, being skid/flip, would normally be a great THS ball. Is your house a little tougher or is it just you that can't seem to put up the numbers that others can? What are other people throwing, and is there a common style betwen the more successful bowlers? Since the Reign is a skid/flip pearl and that's not working, your options are either to put some surface on it, or go the other way and get a solid ball. Unfortunately, I have a feeling you're not going to get the hold other people have no matter what, so you can only hope to gain some recovery.

Where are you playing the lanes currently? Depending on the pattern I'd recommend the Diamondback, Nomad, maybe the Hy-Road. Or maybe go to smoother solids like the Furious, Lunatic, or the Cool Noize which is pearl but I believe can act like a solid. I might have recommended the Avalanche which is a weaker solid(not quite as strong as the Reign), but I'm not sure if that would be any better than the Reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    Interesting. The Reign, being skid/flip, would normally be a great THS ball. Is your house a little tougher or is it just you that can't seem to put up the numbers that others can?

Where are you playing the lanes currently?
    I don't really have much experience in other houses than my main house, other than 3 games in one house(when I had the flu, didn't really matter) and 2 games in another(a looong time ago), so I'm not sure if it's tougher.

On fresher shots, I start with my feet on 20-25 and throw to 10-12 at the arrows. On dryer shots, around 30-40 with my feet depending and 13-20 at the arrows.

Do you have the same problem when they're drier or just when they're fresh? Do you bowl on fresh oil for all your leagues? If so, I think I stick by my ball suggestions. How is your Reign drilled, just out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    Do you have the same problem when they're drier or just when they're fresh? Do you bowl on fresh oil for all your leagues? If so, I think I stick by my ball suggestions. How is your Reign drilled, just out of curiosity?
    Fresh shot only on one league, but that's only for another 3 weeks, Then I'm bowling on 3 fresh shots, one fresh sport shot, 2 fresh house shots

My reign is drilled.. well I'm not exactly sure, I could take a picture

hey, I noticed out of all the balls I've used, my storm hyroad seems to hold and hook at the last minute. Now, I know aaron drilled it differently than the others. check it out next time u see me.

Bowler
    Chats: 290

Look for something thats solid. I have 2 solid balls take with me and 2 pears.

Mabe look into a Solid hammer if you like the backend of the regin you might like the hammers, im personaly a hammer guy but sence i got my Virtual energy idk anymore it fits perfectly into my arsnal. good luck with ur choices.

The black widow sting is what i use to shoot on heavy oil lanes. my mark is above 2nd arrow, my inside of my left foot at the 2nd arrow 2nd row of dots just back a little. If I miss right with my stingit will come back sharper if its fresh it sould come back and hit the pocket, if its dry WATCH OUT its ganna shoot across the lane but go broklyn and i still get strikes . If i miss left the ball will hold its line and show off some backend, Thats my oppinion on that. Good luck on your choices.

This is probably a question you should also ask the pro shop as they probably know the shot as good as anyone else. At least they should, so they know what to give their customers. If you think you need something stronger I would look mostly at the Diamondback and Nomad as they are solids that have recovery which is what sounds like you're lacking.

Yeah I was thinking that the pro shop would be a better source of info

Chats: 221

It would also help to know the layout on the Reign.A "bad" layout for the conditions you bowl on can also create the situation your describing. If the ball is drilled too strong it could be expending too much enerhy and therefore losing the ability to recover on shots missed to the right.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast