View Poll Results: Should bowling centers allow smoking?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 66.67%
  • No

4 33.33%
  • At certain times

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Bowling Alleys be smoke free?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Question Should Bowling Alleys be smoke free?

I here this said by many pro shops and centers on the debate on wether or not smoking should be allowed in bowling centers. What do you think?
    Go Broncos!

It should be the business owners decision.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

out here in phoenix we went no smoking and its so nice to walk in and not choke on smoke

the only problem is that the smokers are now outside taking smoke breaks
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

As an ex smoker, (but not a rabid one) I well understand the need. Florida has been "smoke free," so to speak, for a while now. It's nice not to have the odor in my clothes, etc. when we get back. In North Carolina smoking is allowed everywhere, and it gets overpowering at times. When the night leagues came in a huge cloud envelops the lanes. It really made me want to light up just so I wouldn't smell it any longer. Quitting was absolutely without a doubt the hardest thing I've ever done, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to start up again. I smoked for 29 years, starting when i was 20.

Bowler

Chats: 3

Starting today (9/11) Pennsylvania's no smoking laws go into effect. It basically says there will be no smoking in any public building, bowling centers included. As with any law, there are some exceptions but I don't know what they are.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Default no no no no : ]

i vote no they shouldn't. i feel that people can take it outside. not only will it keep the alleys cleaner but it will set a good example about the bowling alley in general keeping it clean and having kids grow up. it keeps the bowling envrioment more professional. like i feel it should be. because bowling is a professional sport. be classy dont smoke or do it on the side of the building away from the kids. because they're most important right?
    Keep throwing them strikes and keep your head up! How else are you supposed to watch them?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    Starting today (9/11) Pennsylvania's no smoking laws go into effect. It basically says there will be no smoking in any public building, bowling centers included. As with any law, there are some exceptions but I don't know what they are.
    Well, here we have a City of Houston No Smoking ban in all public buildings (Hospitals, Bars, Restaurants, Malls, etc.) Harris County has only a non-smoking ban on county buildings and Hospitals. Several Bowling Centers outside of the city limits have gone smokeless and others that continue to allow smoking.

Personally I would like all the Bowling Houses near me to go "smoke-free", it would be nice not having to smell like a ashtray. But like zman said it's up to the Business Owner or if a majority of their patrons request that they go "smoke-free".

This issue will always have people weighing in for both sides, make someone happy another will be un-happy.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

well for someone like me who cant stand the smell its nice to walk in and not have to inhale it or go home smelling like smoke lol the only downfall is like the one above said they take smoke breaks now which makes the night that much longer
    BowlingBoards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forum

www.bowlingboards.com

Arsenal:
    Storm Gravity Shift
    Roto Grip Cell and Cell Pearl
    Hammer Psycho
    Ebonite Raid

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bowlr721 View Post
    well for someone like me who cant stand the smell its nice to walk in and not have to inhale it or go home smelling like smoke lol the only downfall is like the one above said they take smoke breaks now which makes the night that much longer
    I can not agree more on both !!!!
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Bowler

Chats: 3

Tonight in league was the first time the center was smoke free. Normally during league numerous people congregate in an area and smoke. They don't pay attention to bowling at all. Someone is constantly yelling that someone is up. Tonight is the first time in this league that people actually were there when they were up. It was so nice to maintain a steady pace all night and not have to wait for someone when it was their turn to bowl.

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast