Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumb blister.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

As for moving it closer, that is a good idea. I do recommend using a thumb slug though. On a spare ball, there isn't much of a difference in materials that you feel. Just the coverstock and the fill. With a ball with a core, if you hit the core with the thumb hole, your thumb will be touching coverstock, fill, and core. The three different materials have different feels and grit. This can cause for inconsistentcy in how the ball comes off your thumb. As for the NU Skin, that stuff works great, but you should always fix your balls to not cause you to blister or tear. If for some reason it does tear, but doesn't usually cause that problem, then NU skin is the way to go.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

Quote Originally Posted by owlish View Post
    What about trying Nu-skin liquid bandage on the tender area? I had a hangnail on my thumb that got tender today and used Nu-skin on it and it helped a great deal.
    I have and tried Brunswick Defense Skin Protector. It helps a bit, but after a few throws, it comes off. I also have a Brunswick Thumb Saver. It works great, but I can't get enough grip as I like on the ball with it on.

Blog Entries

Robby's NU skin is the best one. I have tried 4 different companies stuff and Robby's is the best. It won't grip well, like your finger, but it will keep your hand from hurting as much. Like I said before though, you don't want to have to have it on every time. Your pro shop guy should be able to fix the problem.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Got my ball back today. Tried it out and guess what? No blister or pain. I also love the no thumb slug, because the ball come out more smooth.

Blog Entries

I am glad that it all worked out for you! Good luck with the new balll!
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12