Thread: Fustrated

Default Fustrated

I am 190 avg bowler. Within the past year I have changed my style from a cranker to a stroker. Due to my age and weight I was having a hard time staying underneath the ball and swing the ball out on the lane. So I changed my style to be more of a stroker. I now stay behind the ball which allows me to throw the ball straighter. The ball now breaks around 45 to 47 ft down the lane. My home shot is I stand with my left foot on 25th board and shoot straight up the second arrow. I really like this shot and this style. I am alot more consitant on hitting my mark. The ball travels well through the head of the lanes and hits the pocket great. The pins explode and I do strike. However, I have notice though I leave alot of single pins on the back row. I am hitting the pocket flush and I will a 7 pin or 8 pin or 9 pin and of course the 10 pin. Also I have left a number of splits such as the 8 - 10 or the 4 -9 and course the 7 -10. All have been pocket shots. Nothing high or light in the pocket all have been square in the pocket. This is starting to fustrated me because I am rolling the ball good. I shoot at two different houses using a Hammer Sting and Brunswick Alpha Max 4.5 . Both are Great Balls and I would recommend either one. I don't mean to whine but I am rolling the ball alot better than I am scoring. Has anyone have gone through this? Any recommendation?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Try polishing up the Sting, sounds like you could use some variety in your reactions. Carry is all about creating or reducing angle into the pocket.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

There's been times where I've left every pin in the back row for no good reason. And sometimes two of them. In the house we bowl at now, when my carry goes I seem to do better shelling down and moving more outside into the dry. But there are times that doesn't work, either. If anyone has a surefire solution I haven't heard of it yet.

Chats: 221

I can relate to your situation as i have done the same myself ( gone from cranker to stroker) and suffer similar issues.However there is a reason for leaving those pins. It can be entry angle, ball burning up (8-10), Bad racks etc. You might try moving in and swinging the ball slightly to lessen the entry angle and improve pin carry
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

I want to thank y'all for the response. Its amazing what a differnet angle to the pocket will make. Tried to move out side but the lanes condition would not allow it. I had to move to the 28th board and change my mark on the lanes. Instead of shooting straight up the second arrow I actually looked 10 ft down pass the second arrow. This caused the bowl to travel toward the 6 and 10 pin. I throw more strikes and less pocket splits. I shot 201, 202 and 243. Not great but not bad. The first two games I throw 7 strikes in each game. Although not in a row but still 7 strikes. The third game I threw 8 strikes not in a row but total. Now I got to work on spares. Thanks again for the assistance.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime View Post
    Now I got to work on spares.
    Don't we all!
    John