Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: US Open

Chats: 16

here you go:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/view...topic_id=73631

summary you need 88 feet of length, 12 feet wide, and a minimum 10 foot ceiling height... but pending that you meet those requirements, you can get a bowling alley for a mere $88,000.

oh, and then you have to buy a $15,000+ oil machine.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../signature.jpg
    THS Avg: 193/ High Game: 290/ Series: 803
    Sport Avg: 178/ High Game 278/ Series: 692

Mind = blown.

Imagine how much less it will cost if you can score manually, and you don't need them to supply shoes or balls, and you don't need a pair (that is to say, only 1 lane, which is an option)? YOU COULD BOWL EVERY DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAyotte View Post
    I don't know who you guys think you are... I AM!
    hahahah greatest quote ever...and it will be going into my sig when I figure out how.

Out of curiosity, why is everyone so down on Ryan Shafer (I've been calling him Tim. Only today realized that was the guy from Double Fine Productions...)? I have only heard good things about him from commentators, and I haven't seen anything from him per se that is either good or bad.

EDIT: Excuse me. Why is DAVE so down on Shafer? I thought I'd heard a few voices chiming in about him, but I had been off my mark.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I can't answer for Dave, but I never cared much for Shafer either. I think its just that he doesn't present well on Television.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I can't answer for Dave, but I never cared much for Shafer either. I think its just that he doesn't present well on Television.
    It wasn't originally intended to be a question just for Dave, but I realized I'd mischaracterized the first two pages.

I can definitely agree he doesn't look great on TV, and that's part of what I find charming about him. Even though I like Palermaa or Fagan, part of me keeps noticing that they're basically models. Shafer comes off as more human to me, but at the same time from what the announcers say and what little bit I've seen he seems relatively humble for a "normal guy."

Just finished up on this one. I know his head is a bit too big... But it's as close as I could get...

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAyotte View Post
    Just finished up on this one. I know his head is a bit too big... But it's as close as I could get...

hahahaha.. priceless

HAHAHAHAHA that is fantastic Dave. And in response to the whole Schafer thing...idk, sometimes you cant really explain it. I guess more than anything hes a choker ...dude is 0-14 in TV appearances. He just isnt exciting to watch...he doesnt have the new flare of the 2 handed bowlers (which I really dont like too much as it is, but I like Osku and belmo better than Schafer) he doesnt have the intensity of a pdw or the charisma of somebody like a duke...idk hes just so bland. I guess thats the best I can do for a reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Linsolv View Post
    It wasn't originally intended to be a question just for Dave, but I realized I'd mischaracterized the first two pages.

I can definitely agree he doesn't look great on TV, and that's part of what I find charming about him. Even though I like Palermaa or Fagan, part of me keeps noticing that they're basically models. Shafer comes off as more human to me, but at the same time from what the announcers say and what little bit I've seen he seems relatively humble for a "normal guy."
    sorry - i uploaded that on my phone, and couldn't go to page 2. Now that I see you're question, there are several reasons I can't stand that... uh... person. (if you can't say nice things...)

I met him a while back when I was a young teen. They used to hold the ToC in my neck of the woods. So for a few years I would go down, and watch the untelevised part of the tournament when everyone was a bit more laid back. The benefit of that was that the players that lost the stepladder event would float around the arena, and you could chat with them. Parker was awesome, Voss bought my dad a beer, Walter Ray was alright, Couch was pretty cool... but Schafer! He just didn't want to be bothered, and kind of snubbed me. Like... you're an elite bowler in a dying sport - you would think that you would reach out to the fans and whatnot. He signed the autograph and when I asked him a question, he just ignored it.

I mean - don't get me wrong, when I lose, I get pissed too. But don't snub your fans.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../signature.jpg
    THS Avg: 193/ High Game: 290/ Series: 803
    Sport Avg: 178/ High Game 278/ Series: 692

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast