Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: US Open

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Dave, that is amazing!! hahahahaha!

As for Shafer, he really is one of the best bowlers in the world. There's a reason he is ALWAYS in contention at majors. But, he does have issues on TV and not everyone can be a showman. He doesn't have a flashy style and it doesn't look like he does a whole lot to the ball. But when he shot 300 on TV, it was one of my most memorable moments from the PBA.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 16

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Dave, that is amazing!! hahahahaha!

As for Shafer, he really is one of the best bowlers in the world. There's a reason he is ALWAYS in contention at majors. But, he does have issues on TV and not everyone can be a showman. He doesn't have a flashy style and it doesn't look like he does a whole lot to the ball. But when he shot 300 on TV, it was one of my most memorable moments from the PBA.
    I'm not taking away from the fact that he is a good bowler. Just like Weber. They're fantastic bowlers... they're just a-holes.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../signature.jpg
    THS Avg: 193/ High Game: 290/ Series: 803
    Sport Avg: 178/ High Game 278/ Series: 692

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAyotte View Post
    I'm not taking away from the fact that he is a good bowler. Just like Weber. They're fantastic bowlers... they're just a-holes.
    I ran into Weber about 15 - 17 years ago when they had the Johnny Petraglia Open finals at the Rutgers Athletic Center. He was walking around the back of the stands just getting ready for the telecast. I thought he was a bit of a wise guy, but basically pretty friendly.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Step into my office

Chats: 42

To be honest, Weber and Shafer are two of the nicest people I've met from the tour, especially Shafer. They just have a different side of them on the lanes.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

different circumstances, I guess.

I've always been decent at getting a read off of people. Shafer seems like the type that really internalizes stuff and I might almost say takes things personally. Weber, on the other hand, is basically the opposite: heart on his sleeve, leave it all on the lanes, etc.

As it turns out in either case you're dealing with people who are very emotional, and most people who are emotional can be REALLY infuriating if you're not on the right side of things.

But that's just my read, and it's not like I'm a personal friend or something.

Just finished up on this one. I know his head is a bit too big... But it's as close as I could get...

LOL...great work!

I just got a score back on a test that I thought I failed for sure. My expression was essentially like "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE I AM"

anyone see his interview on ESPN last night? rather entertaining. He admitted that we was so caught up, he messed up everything he was trying to say.

Chats: 1

anyone see his interview on ESPN last night? rather entertaining. He admitted that we was so caught up, he messed up everything he was trying to say.
    Been there, done that, just not on a huge stage.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast