Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 handed vs 1 handed?

Ringer
    Chats: 32

Default 2 handed vs 1 handed?

i have been practising using the 2-handed release for the past couple of months and have gotten quite good with it.. and also, since 2-3 months ago, my center has changed from a 40feet oil to about 45 feet oil.. since then, when i use the 1-handed release, my Anaconda doesn't hook that much and i'm struggling to get good scores (150-160 avg before it eventually shoots back up to my usual 170-180 avg when the lanes dry up) but when i use the 2-handed release, somehow i get a good hook and get the 170-180 avg from the 1st game on..

so my question is, does everybody here think i should use the 2-handed release when the lanes have just been oiled?

If you keep flopping between styles you will never get good. You're going to get more hook 2 handed because you generate more revs. Pick the style you like and stick with it.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

I agree with resstealth. If 2-handed works well, stick with it.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Ringer

thx 4 the advice.. maybe i'll just go with the 2-handed.. somehow i prefer that.. i like having high revs (struggle to do that with the 1-handed)..

I bowled a game 2 handed in practice the other day and shot 140. not too bad for me, as my normal average is in the mid 140's right now lol

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    I bowled a game 2 handed in practice the other day and shot 140. not too bad for me, as my normal average is in the mid 140's right now lol
    just wondering.. did u use the 2 handed for spares? i use 1 handed for spares usually..

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    just wondering.. did u use the 2 handed for spares? i use 1 handed for spares usually..
    if i missed the headpin and left up multiple or something...yea I would still throw two handed.

but there were 2 or 3 single pin spares i had. those I threw one handed, cause I could use the practice for league, and I have no idea how to shoot say a 10 pin two handed.

which does lead to a funny story. me and the other guy on my team throw at least one 2 handed shot during warmups. 2nd game of the night, somewhere in the middle frames, bury the pocket for a 7-10. I was so annoyed as soon as my ball came back I threw it two handed towards the right side and picked up the 10. I barely even looked, just threw it. it was more a blind fit of rage than anything

Ringer

haha.. i usually use 1 handed for spares.. coz i dunno where to aim when throwing 2 handed..

I stick with two handed for spares. For the 10 pin, i let the ball come straight off my hand, pick up a good percentage of them.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

It seems to me that if two-handers are allowed to switch back and forth between two hands and one hand, we ambidextrous should be able to switch back and forth at will as well.
    John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast