Thread: I really dont know...

Question I really dont know...

That's why I am going to ask.

I went out with my church the other day for a church bowl, dusted off my ball, and did some bowling. My ball was sitting on the ball return, I went to the restroom and when I returned my ball was missing. Maybe someone used it in my party so I waited and still no ball. I looked at the other lanes and still no ball. I found it on the ball rack.

So here is my question; Can I paint my ball to have it stand out? Has anyone tried to? Would the paint mess up the bowling equipment?

I have learned it never hurts to ask.

Chats: 36

Let me start off by saying that you should never paint your bowling ball. A better idea would be to have you initials or even your first name inscribed on your ball just about your finger holes. I am certain this will solve the problem.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by focuzzn View Post
    That's why I am going to ask.

I went out with my church the other day for a church bowl, dusted off my ball, and did some bowling. My ball was sitting on the ball return, I went to the restroom and when I returned my ball was missing. Maybe someone used it in my party so I waited and still no ball. I looked at the other lanes and still no ball. I found it on the ball rack.

So here is my question; Can I paint my ball to have it stand out? Has anyone tried to? Would the paint mess up the bowling equipment?

I have learned it never hurts to ask.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Chats: 35

Sounds like someone may have been messing with you. Totally agree with German Sheperd. NEVER paint your ball, it would change the characteristics and I am pretty sure it would make it illegal to use in any type of sanctioned play

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Correct, it would be illegal and drastically change it's characteristics.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Ok, so sacntion play is out, But why? What will it do to it? My ball is cracked between the index and ring finger holes any way. If I really get into the sport I will get a new ball.

Chats: 35

USBC sets the rules for bowling ball specifications. Beyond that, here is what I would see as the biggest issue. Bowling balls undergo a lot of friction and making it almost impossible for the paint to stay on the ball. Thus the paint would end up transfering onto the lanes, in the ball return and this would not make the operator of the the bowling center very happy. I would take the ball into the nearest pro shop, there should be one located in most bowling alleys. Ask the pro shop staff what your options are for getting your ball up to snuff. Make sure you tell them you are just getting into the sport and don't want to make a big investment until you know if you are going to like it.