Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumb first?

I put my thumb in first. It's the only way I'm confident that it's all the way in. I have done both ways and never noticed a decrease in revs. Obviously TJ doesn't lose any either. I lose revs when my thumb isn't all the way in or when I put fingers in first and don't get my thumb out clean. I also have a real tight thumb hole and so far no damage

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

As for Tommy Jones here's a article in Bowlers Journal BY BILL SPIGNER tells about it.

http://www.billspigner.com/pdf/0212_Bill_BJI.pdf

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

TJ doesnt need any more revs.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I tried doing thumb first today for a full game after my first game. Well, the ball got stuck on my thumb for 5 shots, than like 2 of the other shots had more revs. After the first game of experimenting it doesn't look like a good technique to try again. I will probably try again in a day or two.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Just so you know, the thumb in first is not meant to increase rev's, it's for straightening out the shot.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Just so you know, the thumb in first is not meant to increase rev's, it's for straightening out the shot.
    Having the thumb first made my fingers come out cleaner, and my revs went up. But that was if my thumb made it out clean. Anyhow, the ball seemed more secure on my hand that way and I guess I had an unorthodox response to it.

SandBagger

Now after thinking about that Tommy Jones article. Yeah, having the thumb in first made my finger feel like they were hooks in the ball, like fishing hooks. It definatly had a different feel on release.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12