Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greenday's Scores

Took my new Invasion and Tropical Breeze out for a spin. Shot my strikes with the Invasion and spares with the Breeze. 188, 190, 180. Felt REALLY good. The guy that drills my balls really knows what he's doing and it's perfectly drilled for me. This one guy that I regularly see at the alleys watched me and commented that I have a super smooth release. Felt good to hear.

Lanes weren't too oily, but I was throwing from the 37 board, hitting the 15, ball was reaching about the 7 board before it made the turn and slammed into the pocket. That Invasion is nasty.

So pissed off. I went to my weekday practice lanes and when I got there, the parking lot was packed. It's never packed so I walked inside to see if the bar was packed for New Years and the bowling alley was having an all day cosmic bowling thing going on. Forget that, I'm not paying $5 a game or whatever ridiculous price alleys charge for that crap. Went to my other lanes nearby and there wasn't many people there thank God. I know they don't oil their lanes until 4pm on weekdays but figured there usually is still some left on there. Asked for a lane that definitely has oil and got put on a lane that hadn't been used today.

Dry as hell. Big problem when I want to practice using my heavy oil ball. Shoot, I ended just using my Tropical Breeze and I had trouble controlling the hook. It was like the lane was completely stripped of all oil and they forgot to put down new oil.

Threw some junk games today. I just can't take practice seriously when the lanes are awful. My fourth game I switched to only using my Tropical Breeze and I managed a 211 somehow. My Tropical Breeze, which is drilled for length, was too strong to crosslane and get 10-pins. I also threw it over the 15 board and was standing on the 31 board. Ridiculous. That's where I throw my Frantic from when there is medium oil.

Amazing night tonight. During practice, I tried throwing my Invasion over the 15 board but quickly found out that the lanes were absolutely flooded. I finally found the pocket at the end of practice when I started on the 20 board and threw over the 15. That was way too shallow for me, so when the game started, I switched to throwing over the ten board from the 20. Crushed it tonight. A little spare trouble, but overall I was throwing the ball really well. Release was great, very relaxed arm swing, stayed low through my shots. 172, 201, and 180 for a 553 series. Felt like I should have done so much better the way I was rolling the ball, but a few splits here and there killed me.

Bowled a few games today and the lanes were dry as hell. Threw over the 20 board, stood on the 42 board. It was like they stripped all oil off the lanes but forgot to lane down even an ounce of oil.

Abysmal night. Started out with my Invasion, got my strike ball right by my first frame of the first game. Then all hell broke loose. This one extremely serious guy was bitching about how it was sticky on the approach (Though no one else thought so.). So they came to wipe it down. Then their lane broke and kept dropping pins. Then the guy still claimed that it was sticky and made a different person come and clean it. Took over 15 minutes for this all to happen. By that point, I was no longer loose. Couldn't do anything. Chopped some spares, some pocket 9s. Bowled like a 130. Switched to my Tropical Breeze and that was working much better for me. Still had trouble getting loose through most of the game. It was super close and I needed two strikes and a 8 to win it for my team. Got two strikes and a 9 to close it out (162). Third game I had three opens but finished with a 191. Still felt like an awful game. All night, I felt like no matter which way I hit the pocket, it was a 9. Made the opponent's anchor work for it as I got another two strikes and a 9, meaning he had to get at least two strikes (Which he did).

Have't bowled since last Thursday. Felt weird coming in, but I bowled a 191, 204, and a 180 for a 575 series. Missed a 10 pin, a 7 pin, and a split in the third game that killed me. In that last game I had 8 great pocket shots the first eight frames. Was so mad I didn't get a 600 but it was still three good games.

Another tough night of bowling. I couldn't stop striking on the left lane but the right lane absolutely hated me. Balls the looked perfect leaving splits. I probably had seven splits in total on that right lane which kept me from getting a 600. Bowled a 174, 201, 181. Not bad considering my average. I was rolling the ball really well but the lanes were stubborn. Very oily tonight. Had trouble with a couple left side spares until I just threw straight at those pins. Came within half an inch of making a 7-10 split in my third game. Converted a 3-6-7 split by cross-laning it and surprised quite a few people with how easy I made it look. Just threw my ball at the 6 pin, hit the side of the 3 pin and launched it straight into the 7 pin. Simple.

FINALLY! Had a good night for once. Bowled a couple warm up games before they oiled the lanes up. Then in league, I bowled a 176 with my Invasion. 4 pins over my average but I didn't like how it was rolling so I switched to my Tropical Breeze. Bowled a 235 and a 224 giving me a 635 series! When I hit the seven board, my ball hooked nicely into the pocket crushing it. I missed left a few times, as bad as five boards but the ball when it hit the oil just rolled straight with no hook and just slammed into the pocket, giving me a strike every time. I think next week I'm going to try bowling all three games with the Tropical Breeze since it consistently gives me the best results.

Got my Sync drilled today. Threw a couple games with it at the lanes I got it drilled at. Didn't keep track of scores, but I liked it. Lanes weren't really appropriate for such a strong ball. Found a good line with it standing on the 29 board and throwing it over the 13 board. Went and played three games at my practice alley but I only used the Sync twice. Lanes were way too dry. I found the pocket when I stood on the 40 board and threw over the 18-19 board. Had a tough time finding the pocket with my Frantic. 40 board throwing over the 16 board. Third game, I just switched to my plastic ball. Stood on the 24 board and threw over the second arrow(10 board). Was hooking it no problem into the pocket which was scary. Bowled a 178 that game though and made a couple baby splits to impress the group bowling next to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast