Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DV8 Brutal Nightmare Bowling Ball Reaction Video Review - By bowlingball.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

According to what you've posted you have a good game and in a short period of time. Don't take things people say as the truth for all just because they managed to get on staff with a company (me included) as what works in a certain condition for one bowler will not necessarily work for another.
    You're being defensive of a friend and that I can respect on principle.

I'm still curious how color alone can affect the balls reaction? Was how this is even possible said to you?
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

http://www.bowlingball.com/ComparePr...emsInCompare=3

Maybe that can shed some light on the subject.

3 balls with the same cover, core, RG, diff, ball finish, perfect scale(take this for what its worth) will have a diff reaction just because it is a different color seems kind of fishy. That is like saying my sons Purple T-Zone will hook more than my pink one.( I know T-Zones are a plastic ball).
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    According to what you've posted you have a good game and in a short period of time. Don't take things people say as the truth for all just because they managed to get on staff with a company (me included) as what works in a certain condition for one bowler will not necessarily work for another.
    You're being defensive of a friend and that I can respect on principle.

I'm still curious how color alone can affect the balls reaction? Was how this is even possible said to you?
    I simply gave a list of a dv8 staff members impressions based on his observations of his own equipment. You attacked first by saying u question him being a dv8 staff member if he has an opinion on what he thinks is stronger. Then without ever seeing a real misfit for yourself, argue about color?

He's respected in my bowling circles. He is the reason I'm where I am so quickly. Perhaps had u just disagreed with his impressions we wouldn't be here but u decided to insult him.

Here is Brunswick on color differences.
    http://above180.com/dv8-damn-good-bo...s-by-brunswick

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

Just curious, if all of the Misfits are different, then why does DV8 have only one listing of the Misfit? Also, all of there stats are identical for each color Misfit, including the DV8 hook rating. If they were all different, wouldn't they have separate listings? I would think if they were all different, they would say it so they can try and sell people one of each. Maybe someone was trying to sell you one of each by telling you they are all different, and you need one of each.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mxjosh View Post
    Then without ever seeing a real misfit for yourself, argue about color?

I believe this IS a real Misfit. I can also take a pic of the receipt too. I bought the Misfit, Reckless and two Revenge's the day the Revenge was released. Since I've added the Terror, Marauder, Too Reckless and Hell Raiser.

I read the article and listened to the interview. Although Bill said the color technology used on DV8's balls helps create more friction at no time did he say the different color would affect ball reaction. He did say one was orange and blue with the other being pink and magenta. That's right, he said pink and magenta instead of yellow and magenta. Overall it was a good interview although I don't know what you were intending by having me listen to it as it didn't substantiate either of our arguments.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Blog Entries

If your coach is the same guy whose name you gave then he is on DV8's regional pro staff. Did I question what he said? Yes, as you posted it, especially with the Misfits being different by color. I still say the only way they would be different by any measurable amount would be if they were drilled different. And maybe that is the case, that each color is drilled different to make it easier and quicker for him to tell which layout he is using/grabbing. That could all be an issue derived from interpretation of what is written. Maybe part of why I question is coupled with it was, there are so many bowlers who claim to be on staff with different companies or USE TO be on the PBA tour. Most of the time these people are full of crap. I had a pro shop owner tell me he was on the tour in the 80s until an achilles injury ended his career. I believed him. Then a real ex-tour player was on here and told me how to verify it. Turns out this shop owner competed in two regionals. Far cry from a touring pro. And this is a guy I like although I don't use his shop. Maybe all the lies I've been told over the years has made me too jaded.
    However, magenta is still a hue of purple and not pink. The fact that yours looks so pink just shows that your paint had more of the required red or less of the required blue to truly be magenta. Wouldn't be the first time a batch of balls was made with the shade of color being off. Years ago you could buy balls like that as X-outs at a huge discount. Once ball companies saw the people would still buy and use these they just put them out as first quality items.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

That's an orange and blue misfit. Proves only that you STILL haven't seen the yellow pink misfit. That pic is not my pink misfit. The one my wife had looked the same. Which is why Ik it's the real ball. I've seen a number of pink misfits. None look like the dv8 rendering u are stuck on.

You can be jaded all u want til u direct it at me. I will respond every time. u judge before checking on a subject. U judge people u dont even know. The regional staff member is not some one Ik as stated as a "2nd opinion" but u obviously too jaded to pay attention.

Rocco they were never intended to be different. A number of people have observed that they are. The covers are all the same as well as the cores. So why list it differently if the avg bowler wouldn't even notice?

Nobody sold me any misfits based on color differences. I have 1 misfit. The green and white. I gave away my orange one before the green ever came out and sold my wife's pink one. Not sure what your point is in "assuming" what I have purchased.

Chats: 723

Hello!
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I never assumed that you bought anything. My point is simple, maybe someone thought they could sell you on buying 3 balls that were the same by telling you the color mattered. I never said you bought all 3, and I never assumed anything. Thank you for making it easy for me, now I don't have to assume anything about you, I just flat know it.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast