Thread: #RedBall Primal Rage

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default #RedBall Primal Rage

My Motiv Primal Rage: Pin 1 inch above ring finger / CG 2 inches below ring finger

The Primal Rage has been a great addition to my bag. I thought I would drill it up and hardly be able to use it because it would just be too angular for me. I really like to see a smooth reaction off the spot, but after using this ball on the 2013 USBC pattern and house league shots. I have come to realize this is not a niche ball.

The Primal Rage is very clean in the fronts and more versatile than I was expecting, I have been able to open the lane and still get it back.

The cover is 1500 grit with Motiv Power Gel for shine. If you bowl in an older center or a center with high friction I would suggest taking the cover up to 2000 and use Power Gel to get through the mids.

Conditions I have used the Primal Rage on: 2013 USBC National’s, Yellow Brick Rd, Bourbon Street and various house/modified house shots.

Where it fits in my bag: It's the most angular ball in my bag when. It fits under my Raptor Talon when that is hooking too much.

When I use it: Typically I start with my “BIG” ball (Raptor Talon) and when it is hooking too much and I need a ball that will get down lane and control the back ends I use the Primal Rage. That is middle or so of game 2 on a THS. On a sport pattern I will take it one around game 3-4

Bowler Specifications:
    Right Handed - Power Stroker
    Ball Speed – 15 mph
    Rev Rate 320
    Positive Axis Point (PAP) 5 right ½ up

Brian Hirsch
    Motiv Staff Member - Motivbowling.com
    Turbo staff Member - Turbogrips.com
    IBMA Member & Director – Bowlingmedia.org
    High 5 Staff Member - High5gear.com
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 221

I will be drilling one of these. I just have no idea wgere I will be able to throw it as my Primal Scream is too much ball for oue house shots
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)