Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual BowlingBoards.com Virtual Tour!!!

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Well, I wanted to wait and see if I got scores from Jeral and TCC...TCC claims they bowled...but I got nothing in my inboxes.

Hate to just disqualify them for June if they actually took the time to bowl...but how long should I wait??
    Would wait same amount of time you have in other months.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Jerry said he was going to email them tonight when he gets home

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Would wait same amount of time you have in other months.
    Don't recall how long I've waited in the past. Supposedly Jeral will send them tonight.

There is nothing in the rules to address this issue so it's really up to you Aslan and the consensus. Me personally I say if they bowled give them until the end of the week to submit scores and hopefully it is time stamped for sometime in June. Maybe we should talk about how to handle this in the future. If there is a printout with a date in the given month and it is submitted within 7 days of the end of the month then ok. IDK - what does everyone think?

Chats: 506

i can bowl friday if you guys wanna wait till then for this month but other then that i just been busy
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    i can bowl friday if you guys wanna wait till then for this month but other then that i just been busy
    For June's scores? I think it's too late for that.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    There is nothing in the rules to address this issue so it's really up to you Aslan and the consensus. Me personally I say if they bowled give them until the end of the week to submit scores and hopefully it is time stamped for sometime in June. Maybe we should talk about how to handle this in the future. If there is a printout with a date in the given month and it is submitted within 7 days of the end of the month then ok. IDK - what does everyone think?
    I'm giving Jeral till Friday to get me the scores because I believe TCC that they actually did bowl them in June. But after Friday, I mean, if you can't email scores in a 2-week timeframe...either the world is too technologically advanced for you to survive...or you're just being lazy. And the longer I wait, the more likely it'll be that this will continue to happen because we'd have set a precedent.

No noeymc...you definitely can't bowl your June games in July. ALthough, feel free to bowl your July games early so you're not in this same perdickerment in July.

But everyone should know going forward...I'm willing to give people to the end of the week (if month end is earlier in the week)...but;
    A) I'll be more likely to scrutinize the scores looking for signs they were bowled in the correct month.
    B) If month end is on a Friday or Saturday, then it's a hard deadline.

For example, in July, the month ends on a Thursday. If I don't have scores by Friday night, too bad so sad....you default to average minus 10 and get no points for the month. Because if a person wants to bowl that first weekend, they should be able to knowing where they stand.

I know it's summer, I know everyone is busy, I know the alleys are packed with numbskulls that aren't in school, and I know some alleys reduce hours in the summer...BUT...it's ONCE per the entire MONTH...it's 30 days...30 opportunities...and unless you wait till the last minute...you should have plenty of time to email or text me or PM me scores. This isn't some carnival game where there's some crazy trick to get the quarter to stay on the floating plate. And the vast majority of us don't even have to worry about arranging physical pairings.

Jeral should get a move on though...because Thursday I have leagues...and Friday after about 3:30PM PST I'll be out getting drunk on the beach. So Saturday, before I leave the house for a poker tournament...if I got no scores...then TCC and Jeral got no scores. Im trying to be fair...for multiple reasons...including that I think I actually bowl against one of them so I don't want people thinking I'm disqualifying them so I get the points...but more so to keep everyone participating and happy...but we also gotta have some semblance of rules.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Cliff Notes: The VBT committee ruled that the can of Pam cooking spray Aslan had in his belt makeshift holster was to cook a home cooked meal for his new girl that Iceman found him and not to modify the lane surface or to pull a Joe Dirt at the local carnival and Aslan is being extremely fair in his ruling.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Cliff Notes: The VBT committee ruled that the can of Pam cooking spray Aslan had in his belt makeshift holster was to cook a home cooked meal for his new girl that Iceman found him and not to modify the lane surface or to pull a Joe Dirt at the local carnival and Aslan is being extremely fair in his ruling.
    Just because the can says Pam Cooking Spray on the label doesn't mean those are the ingredients.

Aslan would benefit more from some quick drying de-oiling substance so his ball will find the friction he's used to out in the parking lot (I mean wood lanes).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Just because the can says Pam Cooking Spray on the label doesn't mean those are the ingredients.

Aslan would benefit more from some quick drying de-oiling substance so his ball will find the friction he's used to out in the parking lot (I mean wood lanes).
    I have refound some faith in humanity today. Great post Mr. White. #1 best MWhite post ever. Thanks for the chuckle.

And good point - my can of banned german chain lube (I bought the last case available for sale) has all kinds of stickers over the ingredients so who knows what is in there. But man that stuff works awesome. Down to my last can. I'm going to have to go back to the horrible chain wax for my motorcycle chain soon.

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast