Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: me bowling

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The dominate hand requirement is in reference to the Two-handed approach style not the Two-Handed Delivery style.

While they may seem the same they're different styles.
    I just sent an email to the USBC to see what they have to say. Might take a day or so to get a response, but I'll post it as soon as I hear from them,
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    A two handed delivery (not to be confused with a Two-Handed Approach) is not illegal.

Two-Handed Delivery
    Both hands impart force on the ball to get it down the lane. Normally done by swinging the ball
    between one’s legs and is more commonly used when youth start to learn how to bowl.
    Individuals who deliver the ball from the chest using both hands would be considered to
    be using a two-handed delivery and therefore must remain with this style throughout
    competition.

Two-Handed Approach
    Both hands are placed on the ball and are left on the ball throughout the swing until release. At
    the point of release, a dominant hand releases the ball thereby being a one-handed delivery.
    Additionally, the dominant hand is determined by the side of the body about which the ball
    swings.
    I understand that. Belmo and Osku use two hands but at release only one hand is releasing the ball. OP seems to be using two hands throughout

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    I understand that. Belmo and Osku use two hands but at release only one hand is releasing the ball. OP seems to be using two hands throughout
    If The OP is using both hands at the same time to deliver the ball that is a two handed delivery.

Which is not illegal, look through the rulebook. The rulebook only says that if you use that style, you have to stick with it. You cant switch to another style.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

The level 1 coaching actually teaches this style for youth that can't throw it more traditionally

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

i am now using the left part of the lane sometimes where its better because there are only 2 lefties. i stand and walk in the left pocket area

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    i am now using the left part of the lane sometimes where its better because there are only 2 lefties. i stand and walk in the left pocket area
    I'm not sure I'd neccisaruly consider standing on any part of the approach specifially relates to left or right handlers per say.

And is it even possible to throw a backup ball with that style....?

OK. Here is the response I got from the USBC in Texas, and I was wrong.

From Kathy Andersen - After review of the video, we believe the bowler is using a two-handed delivery. Bowlers using this delivery must deliver the ball in the same fashion for all deliveries, including spares.

Two handed delivery is explained in the Equipment Specifications Manual.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

SandBagger

I will upload a full game of me bowling 230 soon for feedback and idea exchanges for all, especially fellow two handed bowlers.

SandBagger

Unfortunately my form of only person may change the entire USBC rulebook as ABT is furious over my nearly cashing in on highway to hell (700)

SandBagger

I would say less two handed chest pass and more rugby toss

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast