Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Ball?

Chats: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert E View Post
    Do you have any idea how many games the person you bought it from bowled? And you used for a full season? I think you got your moneys worth time to move on. The good ole days of using the same ball for 10 to 15 years are gone. Some balls suck up oil like a hoover suck dirt and take maintance to keep em in peak condition. your pro shop guy should be able to help you with that.
    He bought it new when they came out, (about 10 yrs. ago maybe) used it 3 years and put away. Never been refinished... just old.

The pro shop guy (He's our team captain) and I have been playing with it to see if it's worth saving. I guess by what the other gentlemen said, my 800 grit idea weren't no good.
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG
    WEAR GLASSES IF YOU NEED 'EM

the WEBB WILDER credo

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I just saw that its never been resurfaced.. You may want to try that..after sanding with the lowest grit, do the cleaning again... That way the grime on the ball is gone and the degreasing agent can get into the pores..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Just some thought's

The Track Super freak is a Medium load particle ball (surface 1500 smooth) that came out about 6 years ago.

The 800 grit surface would have been a lot of surface for a particle ball and you probably didn't have enough oil, to get the best reaction. Now the ball is older and may have lost some bite also.

Now to really see where the ball stands.

If your pro-shop or a near by one has them.

First I'd have the ball put in a" Revivor Oven" and sweat the ball dry of oil.
    (The hot water method is a ok home DIY, but the machine is better.)

Next put the ball in a Haus machine on the diamond wheels and get the flat spots out.I'm sure it has them by now. Then bring the surface back to the OOB of 1500.

I think then the ball will be as close to "new" as it will ever get. You will then be able see where it stands.

I would look into getting a new ball when you can. Use of particle balls have just about totally stopped, They have found that reactive balls are far more versatile.

While the Super Freak can still fit in your arsenal with adjusting the surface. I think you'd do better and feel more confident with a more current ball. ($$ permitting of coarse).

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    I just saw that its never been resurfaced.. You may want to try that..after sanding with the lowest grit, do the cleaning again... That way the grime on the ball is gone and the degreasing agent can get into the pores..
    My friend always cleaned the ball after using it, but that may be why he stopped using it. I probably got away with using it for awhile since my rev rate is much lower than his.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Just some thought's

The Track Super freak is a Medium load particle ball (surface 1500 smooth) that came out about 6 years ago.

The 800 grit surface would have been a lot of surface for a particle ball and you probably didn't have enough oil, to get the best reaction. Now the ball is older and may have lost some bite also.

I would look into getting a new ball when you can. Use of particle balls have just about totally stopped, They have found that reactive balls are far more versatile.
    Aha! Particle ball. That probably explains the track polishing. I'll hit it again with something closer to 1500, but I'm not going to put a lot of money into this ball. I guess if that doesn't help, I'll use some 4000 grit, super polish it and use it for a dry lane ball! Hahaha.

I am looking around for a new "used" ball. But alas! As with most folks... The coins ain't in my pocket!

Thanks guys! You are GREATLY APPRECIATED!
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG

the WEBB WILDER credo

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

what weight??
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

15 lbs. Why?
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG

the WEBB WILDER credo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12