Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Fall Leagues do you bowl, as a full time member?

Chats: 0

In the past I've only done one, a Tuesday night league. This year I was a sub for whoever needed it in a Mixed Thursday league. Next year I will be full time in both leagues.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I bowl in a Wednesday night league ans a Monday night sport league.
    John

Chats: 204

Based on these responses….we could really grow the sport of bowling if we stopped having wives.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Based on these responses….we could really grow the sport of bowling if we stopped having wives.
    But sadly then we wouldn't have kids to pass the tradition of bowling onto and would kill it in the long term...

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    But sadly then we wouldn't have kids to pass the tradition of bowling onto and would kill it in the long term...
    I didn't say "stop having sex"....I said stop having "wives". Offspring don't require their parents to be married. Actually, humans are kinda unique in getting suckered into that arrangement when compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. I'm just saying...bed them...just don't board them. Spread the seed....but maintain your own man cave and require them to leave each day...thus allowing you to bowl in 4-5 leagues a week without hearing the 202 reasons why you're a bad person/father/son/etc... for wanting to get an extra 3-6 hours of enjoyment out of life.

Actually, I hope to "mate" with one of the waitresses at the bowling alley...that way...kill two birds with one stone. Suddenly going to the bowling alley becomes not only a source of enjoyment (bowling) but can be written off as also "spending time with my lady". Thats true utopia right there.

I didn't say "stop having sex"....I said stop having "wives". Offspring don't require their parents to be married. Actually, humans are kinda unique in getting suckered into that arrangement when compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. I'm just saying...bed them...just don't board them. Spread the seed....but maintain your own man cave and require them to leave each day...thus allowing you to bowl in 4-5 leagues a week without hearing the 202 reasons why you're a bad person/father/son/etc... for wanting to get an extra 3-6 hours of enjoyment out of life.

Actually, I hope to "mate" with one of the waitresses at the bowling alley...that way...kill two birds with one stone. Suddenly going to the bowling alley becomes not only a source of enjoyment (bowling) but can be written off as also "spending time with my lady". Thats true utopia right there.
    No wonder you dont have a GF with this type of mentality.
    So what happens when you split up with the girl you are trying to hook up with at the bowling alley it could get pretty uncomfortable then when you have to go in and bowl leagues.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    No wonder you dont have a GF with this type of mentality.
    So what happens when you split up with the girl you are trying to hook up with at the bowling alley it could get pretty uncomfortable then when you have to go in and bowl leagues.
    tcc...you're still young. Get married...put in your 10-15 years...then you'll see. It's an amazing "awakening" when you talk to a young lover and he's talking about his perfect GF that he met bowling and she loves bowling and never gives him any problems about going bowling or hanging out with his buddies....then 8 years later he's a defeated, depressed individual that had to quit bowling and is only allowed to hang out with their "mutual friends" and has a curfew. Kinda like when your GF will "do certain things (intimacy related)...but as soon as that ring goes on the finger....suddenly even hinting at said "certain things" will get a response of disgust as if you're some kind of homeless weirdo asking to wear her undergarments....can't go into detail due to the potential for infraction related penalties...family website and all...but yeah...get in a few years of marriage and then see if your views might change ever so slightly.

Actually yes....thats a good point. It's kinda a Catch22...if things go south...then you gotta find a different center. You don't want spit in your drinks thats for sure. But if it goes well...then you have a lover with mutual interests and convenience....hmmmm. Gonna have to re-think that one.

I bowled in Tuesday and Wednesday men's leagues.

Thursday co-ed with the wife
    Friday short season coed with the wife.
    after the Friday league ended (just before christmas) we joined a monday night co-ed league

I also subbed in a league that was directly following the Thursday co-ed league (bowled 8-9 times throgh the year)

For summer I am bowling in one equipment league(no prize fund money goes towards pro-shop credit)

next year will probably be less.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Thanks Aslan ? ! ? I was going to use this thread for leverage with my wife to bowl in another league. Epic fail !
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

OMG thanks alot. Chances of blacksox bowling a 2nd league has been diminshed even more.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast