Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Feedback on the DV8 balls?

Default Any Feedback on the DV8 balls?

Ive been looking into the 3 DV8 balls that are out there right now. What does everything think of them? I currently throw pretty much all Roto-Grip, the Riot being my favorite, also throwing a bandit, saturn, nomad, and mutant cell occasionally.

Chats: 5

Yeah I was hoping for some feedback from someone.. I know bowling ball dot com has some videos up, but, I haven't heard a lot yet. I know Ronnie Russel bowls with it as well, and he has had an okay WSOB so far. ... Anyone?

Chats: 0

I was told by my pro shop guy that they're awesome, and he wassn't trying to sell me one. The DV8 company has really surprised a lot of people being as good as they are. All 3 balls are designed for different shots so ask your shop guy what's best for you. That's what I've heard

-KEEP IT ROLLIN!

it was getting a lot of hype from around where i was, so i decided to get it, its ok nothing special. probably better off sticking with storm/roto
    it was a reckless btw

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Don't be afraid to change the surface on the ball to optimize its performance for your game. I can't tell you how many people give up on bowling balls before unlocking their potential. Let us know what you'd like to see the ball do in order to make it great instead of OK. We can help you choose a surface that might help you get a better reaction.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Bowler
    Chats: 4

DV8 is a company made by Brunswick. The guy who owns the pro shop in my area has 2 of the 3. The Misfit and the Hell Raiser. Him and a few of his friends all have them, and they absolutely LOVE the Misfit. I know they weren't just saying it for advertisement because they throw these balls almost exclusively now, even for tournaments. The Hell Raiser is the heavy oil hooking ball.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default dv8

I just bought one and i loved it at first on the house shot. 39 ft. As the lanes dried up on the back ends that ball hooked hard. I put a weight hole and shined it up. Has a better finish with a softer angle. It
    does hit hard. I still love my 250 K more.

Bowler

DV8 is releasing a new ball in December for those interested!

Quote Originally Posted by StormGirl View Post
    DV8 is releasing a new ball in December for those interested!
    Yes they will be releasing the new DV8 Too Reckless on 12/01 which is somewhere between the
    Misfit and the regular Reckless I've been told it is supposed to hook a little more than a Misfit but
    just a little less than the regular Reckless.

I have the DV8 Hellraiser myself but it is just a little bit too much for the lanes here on our 41' house
    shot even on a fresh shot it is still very aggressive to say the least and if I could just find enough oil
    for it on our shot then it would be a even more fantastic ball.

I have it drilled at 60x4x35 with a P3hole using the box finish I might decide to polish it up a bunch and
    see how it does then or do as I've been doing just leave it in the bag and use my Ebonite Evolve or the
    Nomad Pearl.

i sanded it down to 1000 abralon (the pro shop i go to only has abralon pads) and it finishes much stronger, now i actually have a place for it in my bag! between the marvel and the reign supreme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast