PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky bowling mishap

mike_thomas93
08-06-2013, 01:18 PM
People, you're not gonna believe this. I just saw such an shocking bowling mishap from one of the ESPN videos. A guy was one shot away from a perfect game, and when he threw his final shot, the rack suddenly went down before the ball hit the pins. He had another go at it, but he ended up pulling the shot and shooting 297. Ohh what a terrible break. It was unbelievable. :((

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjdRFQTcwCU

that's the link to the video. I don't know how to post it on here. Feel free to check it out. So shocking and stunning. I couldn't believe it :(

e-tank
08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
wow that sucks! I couple weeks ago the rack came down as my friends ball was under it. It still struck despite being hit by the rack haha

mike_thomas93
08-06-2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjdRFQTcwCU

this is the link to the video. it hyperlinked on my first post. here it is again. (:

MICHAEL
08-06-2013, 11:58 PM
I have seen this happen to us this year... Not sure what kept making it randomly come down, but had to move us to different lanes! It was a league, and we were bowling GREAT that night on that oil, so not happy about the move. But I can't imagine having 11, and then the rack come down on your ball!! GRRRRRRRR!! Would turn Iceman's blood COLD!!!

mike_thomas93
08-07-2013, 12:31 AM
I know it would. I haven't even gotten close to front 11, but I certainly can't imagine that happening to me. I mean it would be a whole lot worse, especially in a situation for a possible 800 series or even a perfect 900. :(

Hampe
08-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Wow....don't think I've seen a rack come down randomly like that before. One of the alleys here has a problem with their camera/sensors where if someone chucks it clean in the gutter (say, a 10 pin miss) the next lane will also count as a 0 and the rack will come down. But to have one come down by itself for no reason.....man that guy must be pissed. Losing a 300 isn't as bad as if it had cost him the game though....

mike_thomas93
08-07-2013, 12:51 PM
True. the guys on Sportscenter didn't specify if it was for his first 300, so that must've meant that he's bowled it before. But it was during the luci bonneau doubles. I mean everyone was stunned.

TCJ
08-07-2013, 02:27 PM
One night this year one of the lanes was having a problem with the machine and twice the sweeper fell down right in front of a ball somebody had just thrown. At least I think it was a malfunction, but perhaps one of the workers was back there playing games. It must get boring back there during the slow hours!

The German Shepherd
08-07-2013, 02:53 PM
The sad part of the story is that the pin sweeper came down because, according to interviews with the unlucky bowler, someone hit the wrong reset button as he was bowling...

jay

mike_thomas93
08-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Well the sportscenter guys did say the mechanic got to it right away when it happened, but the extra time delay is what pretty much sealed the fate, unfortunately.

mike_thomas93
08-07-2013, 03:02 PM
That makes it much worse. Just unbelievable. Do you happen to have the link to the interview?

The German Shepherd
08-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I did not see the interview online, so I do not have the link. I saw the interview on ESPN yesterday...maybe you can find it through ESPN somehow?

Jay

mike_thomas93
08-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I shall try. Thank you, sir

mike_thomas93
08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
http://now.msn.com/troy-walker-has-perfect-bowling-game-ruined-by-pinsetter

Found a link to the video with the laneside interview at the end. Mr. Troy Walker said it might've been partially his fault. Feel free to watch. Still heartbreaking, but he ha the highest game of the tournament. At least something positive came out of it overall.

Hampe
08-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Yea I heard on PTI it sounded like he might have accidentally hit the reset button himself.

Doh!

mike_thomas93
08-08-2013, 11:45 AM
No surprise it's been all over the media. :pp

mike_thomas93
08-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey guys. remember when I mentioned that mishap a few days ago. Well it ended up being #2 on SportsCenter's Not Top 10. Just figured I mention that. Here's the link to the youtube video on the Not Top 10. Feel free to see (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EfpAfbnuvc