PDA

View Full Version : Brad angelo bowling camp

striker12
08-08-2014, 11:45 PM
hey everyone im at the brad angelo bowling camp here in barrie Ontario Canada just had a BBQ with him and chatting for 3 1/2 hrs about a lot of thing sand most was not even bowling like movies and a lot of stuff just joking around having fun.

did get nagged out by him because my thumb in my ball is not drilled 2 sizes bigger then it should be where I have to put tape in and then just remove tape when my thumb swells but I did have my thumb 1 size bigger but my thumb has gotten bigger since then and I told him that and he understood.

so I will post everything I learn from this camp in here in 2 posts below this one I will try to remember everything but with putting it here I will remember everything forever and you guys will also learn some of these things also.

striker12
08-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Day 1

well first thing I can say is it was hot out today we started out side for 3 hrs doing work outs that really helps a lot about learning how to properly place your hand and about the exceleration and about your swing plane and timing a lot of stuff.

I cant remember where all the stuff was from but I will find that out tomorrow.

1- exercise was we had to do are swing along a long rope over and over again with only doing 1 step. but you had to look at your shadow to keep your arm along the edge of the rope.

2- there was bowling pin like thigns tat has finger holes in it that we swing back and fororth 20 times and helps you with keeping your arm swing smooth and not mucleing the ball at all.

3- was a swing orb alost like a bowling ball but has finger grips in it and we do the same as the bowling pins but you have to keep your hand in 1 spot but you had to watch your shadow to make sure your hand in going in the same line and have your hand in the right spot.

then we had lunch and then we got out of the lanes with brad angelo helping everyone I can say this he helped out everyone else a lot but he only said a 2 things to me 1 was my approach speed to slow it down witch I did and then the other was my balance and he told me some ways to help with that but it was about a total of 1 minute of talking with me.

used me as a example to everyone to show everyone my approach all the way to the foul line to show my exlosing at the line he did say there is a few flauses but he told me it was all from my body leaning to the right and not leaning forward.

he also told me this season is my last year of jrs but he said iif I can improve my balance and get my accuracy down and good that i could be bowling in the PBA in 2-3 years after that. but very helpful if you guys want any more information i will post it on here just this is the stuff that we did.

striker12
08-08-2014, 11:50 PM
day 2: alright guys these are all the notes and a few other drills that we did on day 2.

we also got to see what actually a lane looks but how people do it where they put the lines for the gutters straight up and same with the other side is all wrong the lanes are a lot thinner.

drills: all of these drills are done outside.

1- we took a rubber ball that has finger holes in it and we got a partner and we had to throw the ball just like we where bowling with keeping your balance but all with a 1 step throw and your partner is on the other side to catch the ball when it comes there way to have there turn doing the throw.( we did this for 30 minutes and we moved backwards and forwards to make it more challenge but it is also a fun drill.)

2- we did a contest where we got down into the grass and where throwing some bowling pins at targets that where set up in the grass and this drill is designed to get you to control your throw and speed.(what I did there was 3 target and we got 30 pin to throw I threw 10 at the farthest one then 10 at the middle one and 10 at the front one I hit the middle one more but it was challenging)

3- we did hill bowling we grab are spare balls and went into the grass along a ill set up 3 bowling pins up the hill and we had to do are full approach then throw the ball to go to where we wanted it to go to very tricky I could not get it to stop at the bottom pin I mostly went past the top pin so I had to back up (Brad Angelo made a joke saying I created a new game where I threw my ball up my area and made it come down someone else's) (then Brad Angelo used his phone to record us to show to other people who attend his other camps and we all said this video will show what not to do lol.)

notes that we wrote down from stuff he was telling us I ran out of paper:

-Lanes are 60 feet long and 41 1/2 inches wide plus or minus a 1/2 inch.

-Lane is 17 times longer then it is wide.

-The tip of the 2nd arrow is 15 feet down the lane.

-lane is 3 1/2 feet wide

-There is only 18inchs from the right side of the head pin to the right gutter and same on the left side of the head pin to the left gutter.

-Proper Ball Motion is Skid, Smooth Arc and Roll

-How you accomplish proper ball motion changes all the time.

-Watch the shape of the bowling ball motion.

-Bowling is, has always been and always be about transition.

Mental Cycle

(1) Prepare

(4) reaction (2) commitiment

(3) exocution

5 Elements

1- pins
2- lane
3- aura
4- physical fitness
5- balls

10 steps to a perfect release

1- 1 knee no thumb
2- add thumb
3- stand up
4- add some swing
5- push, swing, roll
6- 1 step
7- add speed(core/kinetic chain)
8- make a little movement
9- full approach half speed
10- full approach

(if you fail 3 or more times at any one of these steps go back to the step before that one and try again and keep trying again.

All of this information is from bowlU and Brad angelo they are the ones that put did all of this information and it works and remember 1 thing if anyone tell you to lift the ball don't that is the wrong way you want to go from a cupped wrist to a uncapped wrist, when you do this the ball will create more revs for you and you will notice a bit better games. but if you ever do have a chance at going to a Bowlu/Brad angelo camp I defiantly recommend you to go because it is worth it.

Beagle
08-10-2014, 01:32 PM
sure post all u want. Never heard of the groundhog thing, trying to follow ur shadow. would like to see what that's about

striker12
08-10-2014, 11:37 PM
the shadow part is you watch your shadow so you can see if you arm swing is going in a proper motion and not going away from your body or behind it like with the shadow your left arm will make a shadow above your head shadow and your right arm should it the same point and you will know you are all in line but you do this 20 reps at a time and really works.

I will post day 2 tomorrow just realy tired because I just got home from a 4-5hr drive but I also have to find my paper for all my notes but all of this stuff I was tought is from brad angelo him self and BowlU

striker12
08-11-2014, 09:09 PM
there we go guys just updated day 2 I might of missed a few things but this should give you guys a good idea of how to improve your bowling