PDA

View Full Version : pyramid only for BB

fokai73
03-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Is pyramid balls exclusive only to bowlngball.com? I'm interested in trying out these balls and when I do get a ball online, I have the site drill my stuff. Buddies is were I go mainly but they don't have pyramid balls. Plus, for $25 I can get my stuff drill with a ball IT installed. no finger inserts....

I'll check if the local PSO guy carries pyramid or if he can get it at Steve Cooks facility.

JasonNJ
03-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Is pyramid balls exclusive only to bowlngball.com? I'm interested in trying out these balls and when I do get a ball online, I have the site drill my stuff. Buddies is were I go mainly but they don't have pyramid balls. Plus, for $25 I can get my stuff drill with a ball IT installed. no finger inserts....

I'll check if the local PSO guy carries pyramid or if he can get it at Steve Cooks facility.

You can order the ball and have it sent directly to Buddies.

bowl1820
03-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Yep, Pyramid is BB.com's house brand ball.

If you want BB.com will drill it, they will just contact them and tell them what you want.

fokai73
03-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Thanks gents...

have you guys tried these balls?

On video they look, well the ones I've seen, they look very clean.

I prefer clean but not too jumpy... which ball should I try first on the "smoother" side?

KYDave
03-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Have a look at this one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XouIXvk07g

JasonNJ
03-09-2017, 04:53 PM
I won the Chosen One on here a few weeks ago and last week I bowled a 266 game with it. Had the front nine, pulled my 10th shot leaving the 6-10 which I then chopped. So frustrating.

Anyway, the Chosen One reminds me of my Haywire which I also won here the year before. Pretty clean through the front and continues nicely through the pins.

bowl1820
03-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Thanks gents...

have you guys tried these balls?

On video they look, well the ones I've seen, they look very clean.

I prefer clean but not too jumpy... which ball should I try first on the "smoother" side?

Take look at these two reviews with videos, they were done by Tamer Bowling which make some good review videos and are about the first/only reviews done by someone other than BB.com about the Pyramid balls and they give them good mark.

Pyramid Blueprint Bowling Ball Review by TamerBowling.com
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/20407-Pyramid-Blueprint-Bowling-Ball-Review-by-TamerBowling-com

Pyramid Pathogen Bowling Ball Review by TamerBowling.com
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/20408-Pyramid-Pathogen-Bowling-Ball-Review-by-TamerBowling-com

I have a Pyramid Curse I won here a few weeks back and even though I've been in a bowling slump. The ball looks good though, it's real consistent and seems to take to cover changes well.The ball is pretty hard off the spot, but I don't see it as being jumpy.

I'm going to try and have some video up next week of it.

BowlingBoards.com
03-10-2017, 10:15 AM
bowlingball.com will match Buddies drilling price, just contact them and they will take care of you.

JasonNJ
03-10-2017, 10:58 AM
bowlingball.com will match Buddies drilling price, just contact them and they will take care of you.

May I suggest an online code for the discount, Buddies uses drill20 to take $20 off the drilling and it's found directly on their website.

fokai73
03-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Because I moved a lot in my old job, and/or PSO close or relocated, or too far to drive, I've relied on Buddiesproshop for almost 10 years. And through all the changes and adjustments with my grip, from traditional thumb, to mold, and to IT (IT thumb made locally, converted my mold into IT), they've done 100% accuracy in all my balls for so many years. When a drilled ball arrives, I double check pitches and span. So it's a bit worrying to have another online shop drill a new ball. I don't even let the guys up in the stadium drill my stuff lol.

Does BB.com use scribe line? how's their drill service reviews? I know they've done thousands of balls with good reviews, but I just haven't heard much.

Yes and thanks Jason, I've used that code for years lol. That's why it's just $25 to drill with no inserts. I carry my own inserts......

will see....

fokai73
03-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Take look at these two reviews with videos, they were done by Tamer Bowling which make some good review videos and are about the first/only reviews done by someone other than BB.com about the Pyramid balls and they give them good mark.

Pyramid Blueprint Bowling Ball Review by TamerBowling.com
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/20407-Pyramid-Blueprint-Bowling-Ball-Review-by-TamerBowling-com

Pyramid Pathogen Bowling Ball Review by TamerBowling.com
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/20408-Pyramid-Pathogen-Bowling-Ball-Review-by-TamerBowling-com

I have a Pyramid Curse I won here a few weeks back and even though I've been in a bowling slump. The ball looks good though, it's real consistent and seems to take to cover changes well.The ball is pretty hard off the spot, but I don't see it as being jumpy.

I'm going to try and have some video up next week of it.

Thanks for the link. that blueprint looks real nice.

JasonNJ
03-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Because I moved a lot in my old job, and/or PSO close or relocated, or too far to drive, I've relied on Buddiesproshop for almost 10 years. And through all the changes and adjustments with my grip, from traditional thumb, to mold, and to IT (IT thumb made locally, converted my mold into IT), they've done 100% accuracy in all my balls for so many years. When a drilled ball arrives, I double check pitches and span. So it's a bit worrying to have another online shop drill a new ball. I don't even let the guys up in the stadium drill my stuff lol.

Does BB.com use scribe line? how's their drill service reviews? I know they've done thousands of balls with good reviews, but I just haven't heard much.

Yes and thanks Jason, I've used that code for years lol. That's why it's just $25 to drill with no inserts. I carry my own inserts......

will see....

Bowlingball.com just uses the grease pencils to mark lines. I used both Buddies and Bowlingball.com to drill and both do an excellent job. I have had one issue with one of the drillings from Buddies but they fixed it free of charge.

fokai73
03-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Bowlingball.com just uses the grease pencils to mark lines. I used both Buddies and Bowlingball.com to drill and both do an excellent job. I have had one issue with one of the drillings from Buddies but they fixed it free of charge.

I don't mind scribe lines, in fact I prefer it.

Looks like I'll be getting a pyramid soon from bowlingball.com :D

Btw, where are they located?

JasonNJ
03-10-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't mind scribe lines, in fact I prefer it.

Looks like I'll be getting a pyramid soon from bowlingball.com :D

Btw, where are they located?

Florida.

hotdog`966
03-13-2017, 09:52 PM
I like the Pathogen

chip82901
03-16-2017, 03:27 PM
I used to throw Pyramid a few years ago. I've had a Chosen Path Pearl, Divergent Path, and Blood Moon. All 3 balls were very predictable. The most predictable being the Blood Moon. Only issue I ever had with them was with the Blood Moon. For some reason, inside the balance hole, it would crack from the filler material out. They replaced the first one no problem. 2nd one, almost identical specs on the ball, same layout, 5 games in, same thing, crack from the filler material that eventually blew out the coverstock. I had the 2nd one fixed, requested a Pitch Blue for replacement. I got about 30 games in on the fixed Blood Moon and it started to do the same thing from inside the plug. Ended up retiring it