Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My form on video here

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default My form on video here

I didn't know my friend was recording. Funny, I never realized I used my elbow that much. I am concerned about my balance arm in the finish position.

1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5V7...ature=youtu.be

2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg3i5...ature=youtu.be

3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feaW-...ature=youtu.be

I'm not a coach, but i did stay at a holiday inn last night!

Suggestions: Keep your elbow in more, For your balance at the foul line I think working on your slide would help.
    On your third/forth step you need to push your self forward with your right leg.

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by JPbowl View Post
    I'm not a coach, but i did stay at a holiday inn last night!

Suggestions: Keep your elbow in more, For your balance at the foul line I think working on your slide would help.
    On your third/forth step you need to push your self forward with your right leg.
    Not sure which elbow your talking about. As for sliding, I can run forward and still not slide. I have entertained many who have asked me to try, but I do have some s10's I have not yet tried out. As for pushing forward, that sounds good, it seems like I am slowing down on my 4th step.
    Last edited by GoodGorilla; 05-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Personally, what I'd like to see is for you to stay in your shot's pose when you throw the ball. You throw the ball, then immediately drop back. Hold the pose (Framing the shot) until the ball hits the pins. It'll help create a stronger follow through.

Chats: 256

I agree with GreenDay. Also, not really your form, but you sure spend a lot of time setting up on the approach before you get into stance with ball in hand. One thing I did notice I think in second video is you aren't walking a straight line.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 05-29-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Try the S10s. When pushing into your slide the left foot should have all the weight on the ball of your foot. That's why it's a short step. most people's normal step has the weight evenly distributed. Sliding, even a little, combined with a good knee bend will help with your upper body being too far out in front. Ideally your slide toe, knee and chin should be perpendicular to the floor.

You take ten seconds to get the ball into position on the approach but then immediately go. Take a couple seconds less getting the ball in position and add them to a pause before beginning. It really will help create better tempo that you can consistently duplicate.

Your balance arm, from what I can see at this angle, needs work. It ends up almost resting on your slide knee. Use it to create torso rotation. When that hand comes off the ball, rotate the thumb down, pver your target and whip it back, palm facing rearward, as your swing passes your slide knee. You can gain more from this if you add spine tilt throughout your delivery.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

OK Good Gorilla, I'm glad your friend did this for you. Let's see....where do we start? First of all, and Bill is correct, that left arm of yours needs to be extended all the way out to the left. Second thing is your right trailing leg. Get that right toe down on the floor. Again this is for balance. This will allow you to be able to get more leverage at the line, post your shot at the line , enabling you to see what and where your ball is tracking.

This is one of the reasons we "encourage" bowlers to post videos. We're not here to pick things apart, we're here to help you increase your potential scoring ability. I would love it if every time I helped someone with their game, they came back and told me they shot their first 600, or 700, or even a 300. We take great pleasure in seeing our bowlers do well.

Try those things first, and then post another video and let's see how you're doing. Oh and by the way, get that ball down lower in your stance...not in front of your face !
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    OK Good Gorilla, I'm glad your friend did this for you. Let's see....where do we start? First of all, and Bill is correct, that left arm of yours needs to be extended all the way out to the left. Second thing is your right trailing leg. Get that right toe down on the floor. Again this is for balance. This will allow you to be able to get more leverage at the line, post your shot at the line , enabling you to see what and where your ball is tracking.

This is one of the reasons we "encourage" bowlers to post videos. We're not here to pick things apart, we're here to help you increase your potential scoring ability. I would love it if every time I helped someone with their game, they came back and told me they shot their first 600, or 700, or even a 300. We take great pleasure in seeing our bowlers do well.

Try those things first, and then post another video and let's see how you're doing. Oh and by the way, get that ball down lower in your stance...not in front of your face !
    About my balance arm. When I let go of the ball, I put my balance arm out in front with my tumb down. When The ball is falling on the backswing, what do i do with my balance arm? Does my balance arm follow my shoulder, or does my shoulder follow my arm? I don't think I can work on all things at the same time. My ball was in my face because I was trying to throw the ball faster. I started slow and hooked the hell out of it, but the lane wouldn't take it, out of all my releases, the lane needed my fastest speed and medium hook.
    Last edited by GoodGorilla; 05-31-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Hey good..... Watch your video again and stop it at 19 sec. Then stop & start it quick to see the following frames all the way to the end. You'll see that, yes your thumb is pointed down, but your arm is also. You need to get it out "all the way" to the left for balance. AND keep that right toe on the floor. I'd like to see if you could end up "completely" balanced on just your left leg at the line. Get some practice in, trying it and then upload another video of you bowling. IF, you can do this you will be amazed at how much more leverage you'll be able to get delivering the ball.

Also as I mentioned in the last reply, try to hold your ball around waist high with your right elbow tucked into your side. Lean a bit to your right in your stance, so that the ball will swing under your chin area. This should give you a nice straight swing plane.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

You never completed your profile, so I'm not sure if you're in the next town or 3,000 miles away. If you were in the next town, you could get some free lessons !! Where the heck are you ????????? LOL
    Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast