Thread: "The Leather Shammy" Ball Cleaner Showdown video 02

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default "The Leather Shammy" Ball Cleaner Showdown video 02

Okay, Here's my comparison test of a Leather Shammy Pad and a Microfiber Towel.

Synopsis:
    The leather shammy pad was more effective at removing surface oil than the dry microfiber towel.

Yes, they cost more. But I think they are all about the same, so if you want to get one, just get a low cost one like this bowlingball.com one.

This one was cheaper and bigger than the name brand ones.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I see you use "that purple stuff" for cleaning after league. Why not just use it on your microfiber towel during league to get more dirt and grime off the ball as you bowl?
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_pocket View Post
    I see you use "that purple stuff" for cleaning after league. Why not just use it on your microfiber towel during league to get more dirt and grime off the ball as you bowl?
    You could do that, in fact that's what Ron Hickland of CTD/That Purple Stuff suggests doing with his product and in this video I mention that using a liquid cleaner on the M.F. towel was the only way it would be more effective than the leather shammy.

Plus if you look at my first video BALL Cleaner Showdown #1, That's what I did.

Ball Cleaner Showdown Video 01
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...wdown-Video-01

But that was not what this test was about, you don't use cleaners on the leather shammy's. So I compared it to a dry microfiber towel, which is how the majority of bowlers use microfiber towel during bowling.

Cleaning between frames with a liquid cleaner is a somewhat new idea and hasn't been embraced by many bowlers.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Great video. I love my shammy. I wipe the ball after every shot. How do you like "That Purple Stuff"? I have been thinking about getting some of it and try it out.

Chats: 64

Great video, thanks for all the work you put in bowl1820. I will have to give the shammy a try, right now I use bowlingball.com's Monster Tac and I love it.

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...aner-4-oz.html

Ringer
    Chats: 23

nice video and great bowling! I have been using a leather shammy for almost a year now. From what I have seen it seems to be a much more consistent option than a microfiber. Some of my teammates use my towel off and on and they seem to also like the results compared to their normal towels.

For $10 to $20 make the investment. My favorite part is I don't have to fold it, it is the size of my hand and doesn't need to be folded at all. I hated using a microfiber towel and having to fold it into quarters. It may be some OCD but I like the easier form factor
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Recently purchased the shammy and do love the form factor and seems to wipe off oil better. Call me a believer

Chats: 0

I am also on the leather shammy train. It is well worth the small investment. It seems to soak up the oil at a much faster rate, whereas the microfiber towels I have used push it around a little more before getting the job done.