Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Greater KC USBC seniors Tournament and ICEMAN

Chats: 256

High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    tomorrow morning I will post the final score in my first tournament outing! there is one guess that's within X number pins of being correct!!
    I hope that hint did not give it away!! ICE
    155!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Iceman Frist Experience Bowling USBC

Ok,,, In the tenth of game 3 with a strike showing in the ninth, I get a split and open in the FRICKEN 10th!! What could have been a a decent 214, or even 230, wound up a 184! So in the White pattern, that was Fricken Crazy, I almost had a 200 average that day,, 223, 191, and 184 = 598.

This was my first, and maybe last Fricken tournament! I would like to make ONE comment! I FRICKEN HATE WHITE patterns! erratic!

If I just would have not had that open in the 10th frame of final game with a strike in the 9th could have been a sweet score for a newbie, older gentleman!!

White Patten Sucks!

so says Ice!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

So the summary of this thread is that Iceman doesn't like sport patterns because they aren't as easy as THS patterns???

Dang it...I got all invested in the thread for nothing!!

Chats: 32

Actually the White pattern is a mid level THS pattern not a sport pattern maybe closer to a Kegel Challenge pattern but not really sure its even that tough.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Ok,,, In the tenth of game 3 with a strike showing in the ninth, I get a split and open in the FRICKEN 10th!! What could have been a a decent 214, or even 230, wound up a 184! So in the White pattern, that was Fricken Crazy, I almost had a 200 average that day,, 223, 191, and 184 = 598.

This was my first, and maybe last Fricken tournament! I would like to make ONE comment! I FRICKEN HATE WHITE patterns! erratic!

If I just would have not had that open in the 10th frame of final game with a strike in the 9th could have been a sweet score for a newbie, older gentleman!!

White Patten Sucks!

so says Ice!
    For such a MACHO man you build yourself up to be, you sure seem like you are putting your tail between your legs and cowering away from the challenge.

Chalk this up to a good experience, get back out there on the lanes and learn from this.

Bowling on tougher patterns in the end will serve one purpose. That is to make you a better bowler.

Like I said before, the White pattern is just a modified House shot. Yes, you have to make your shots and not get into the out of bounds area, but if you stay in your shot and adjust to the reaction of the ball, you can put up some great scores.

The tournament I bowled in Tulsa just last month, was also the White pattern. Last year I bowled great on it, 772 and 696 series with a 300 thrown in for good measure. This year, my shot making suffered and I was only able to recover so much to get a few mid 600 series out of it, high of 652 and high game of 277. Did I learn from this, absolutely. What did I learn? That I need to make my shots, keep my focus, and adjust correctly to the lanes based on what my ball is telling me as it goes down the lane.

Wouldn't expect the ICEMAN to be a quitter based on one tournament with a White pattern on it.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 11-05-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Here is some more info on the USBC Red, White and Blue patterns. You will see they are all modified house shots with Red being what is closest to a THS.LINK

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Wouldn't expect the ICEMAN to be a quitter based on one tournament with a White pattern on it.
    I don't know about that, didn't he quit a league because he pre-bowled on a white pattern?

Sounds like ICE just needs to bowl more patterns to get comfortable.
    Last edited by circlecity; 11-05-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

So my guess of 178-196 (374) wasn't so far off, just flip-flopped from the 191-184 (375). What can you learn from this? My guess was based on the tendency of most house bowlers to take to long to adjust to any pattern that transitions differently from the house shot that they're used to. What usually happens is that they see the transition late for a low second game score, and then begin to make the correct adjustment for a higher third game score. Your pattern of declining scores tells me that you were relying on your "gift" and just muddeling through rather than getting out of your comfort zone. Your ability kept your scores from getting really bad, but your lack of making the correct adjustment kept your scores from going back up. The next time you bowl on one of these patterns, keep your eyes open as to adjustments that some of the less talented, but more experienced bowlers are making. Are they moving deeper? Are they balling down? Once you figure out that bowling on patterns involves constant attention to strategy, I'm sure you'll do just fine bowling on them.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Actually the White pattern is a mid level THS pattern not a sport pattern maybe closer to a Kegel Challenge pattern but not really sure its even that tough.
    really??? what's your average on the red??? Is the RED simple also to you? Have you even bowled the white?? then talk to me about how easy the white is?? LOL There were guys there with 220 averages doing high 400's and low 500s! Most I bowled with and talked to thought it was not only tough, but some what squarely!
    Wish you would have been there Amyers,,, then you could have showed us how simple it was to throw a big game on the white.

you are correct it is not an official sports pattern, I have had some good games, and posted one sports pattern I did, Its on here somewhere, the road house 279! I posted the sheet with score as proof.. (

Even throwing at spares is MUCH different, and points out to the fact why its important to be able to throw a (plastic/straight) ball at ALL SPARES.

Throw down 10 arrow like so many bowlers do, and it doesn't come back, so Not sure what sports pattern means, but the White is not a blocked easy pattern like most house have!

It might not be an official sports pattern but its VERY different then the standard dry outsides MOST are accustomed too bowing the easy red pattern.
    What makes a sports pattern a sports pattern, and why the white would not qualify, maybe someone else knows, not ICE!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast