Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boatman37's scores

Chats: 0

It takes time, it's been 15yrs not 15 months. It will come. Patience Daniel son says Miogi

High Roller

lol. yeah. I start getting a little frustrated but then laugh it off. I knew it would take time and I can't expect to pick up where I left off so I am being patient. But with the balls I have been using I might as well be beating my head against the wall. That still won't fix my mechanics but at least it will eliminate one variable. The rest will just take some time and practice. Plan to have my average up to 200 by the end of this season.

I somewhat disagree, if your grip isn't right then your mechanics will suffer in some way. Amazing how the little things make big difference positive or negative. With your determination alone I have no doubt that you can reach your goal.

Pleased to see this;

Talked to the PSO tonight and he is drilling up a new ball for me for next week so that should help.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I somewhat disagree, if your grip isn't right then your mechanics will suffer in some way. Amazing how the little things make big difference positive or negative. With your determination alone I have no doubt that you can reach your goal.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it is affecting me. We will see. Hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Pleased to see this;

Talked to the PSO tonight and he is drilling up a new ball for me for next week so that should help.
    Knew I had to do something. Either get an old one redrilled or get a new one. My plan was to get my Absolut Curve redrilled but not knowing anything about it decided to start fresh.

Cranker

There's a saying "You can't out bowl a bad fit" If you don't have a properly fitted ball, you'll never have a clean consistent release. I think you'll be pretty happy with the new ball once you get it.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if it is affecting me. We will see. Hope you are right.

Knew I had to do something. Either get an old one redrilled or get a new one. My plan was to get my Absolut Curve redrilled but not knowing anything about it decided to start fresh.
    did you go with the black widow gold?

High Roller

Yep. Should have it for Tuesday night

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yep. Should have it for Tuesday night
    Congrats! Know quite a few that have this ball and they all like it a lot.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

High Roller

Well got the new ball tonight. Threw 5 practice frames before leagues started. All 5 were pretty good pocket hits but the first 2 left splits, the next 3 were strikes. Ball fit good and rolled good. Hit the pocket almost every shot all night except the few where I screwed up. Lanes were very dry. Started out standing with my left foot on the 3rd dot from left and throwing between 1st and 2nd arrows (lefty). About 1/2 way through the first game it got too dry so moved to 2nd arrow and moved my feet right. Kept leaving 7 pins so moved out to the first arrow and still leaving 7's so moved back to 2nd arrow and adjusted as needed. Both teams were complaining about how dry the lanes were and we are all leaving alot of 7's and 10's and a bunch of splits across both teams.

1st game: 173 (4 strikes, 3 spares, 4 opens)

2nd game: 183 (5 strikes, 3 spares, 3 opens)

3rd game: 153 (3 strikes, 3 strikes, 5 opens)

Series: 509

Overall average: 165.53

Cannot use this ball for 7's. I was able to pick it up twice but had to hang it on the edge of the gutter 1/2 way down. Had no oil track on the ball all night. Once I get my spare game back I will be much better off. Need to pick up a spare ball and another ball for very dry lanes like tonight.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast